What is your minimum heart rate?

frenchyge said:
Congratulations on your well-endowed family. :) ?
We are Irish, so I can't say the old curse hasn't affected some of us outside of the old HR department.

[/QUOTE]LOL! What constitutes an average-sized church, say.... 60 bpm?[/QUOTE]That would be a cathedral for my family, 50 is probably the average (brothers are both elite distance runners and bring it down some). But in my old neighborhood that was heavily non-Irish -- (predominantly black and mexican), I would say that St. Patrick's in New York would be the neighborhood average, and I would be on the scale of the typical hospital chapel in a non-catholic secular hospital. In HS, We distance runners always tried to shower before the sprinters, since the sprinters were obviously worshipping in much bigger churches. Always held my own with x-country and the 1500 meters plus. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man . . . . .

Depending of different conditions

In summer when it's warmer and more trained, mine is usually slower than winter.

42 to 48 when I wake up

38:
I work at night during week-end, so when I am half asleep around 4:00AM and that the body metabolism is the slower in the day it is slower.

normal RHR these days is 42bpm. When I hop on the bike for a ride or indoor workout, even after topping off the air pessure, it's nearly always 68bpm which I find unusual - it's been that way since I was a kid.

On the other topic I keep my wife satisfied - should one need more?

HR

Spunout said:
I hold zero for a 1.57 seconds quite repeatedly. Does this count?
That reminds me of the guy checking to see if his 'new' beat up car indicators were working before taking it in for a registration test - when he flicked the lever and asked his mate to see if the blinker worked - the reponse was - "it is, it isn't - it is, it isn't....."

I just check mine after a cup of coffee......54. :eek: I thought it would be higher because of the coffee.

Alex Simmons said:
That reminds me of the guy checking to see if his 'new' beat up car indicators were working before taking it in for a registration test - when he flicked the lever and asked his mate to see if the blinker worked - the reponse was - "it is, it isn't - it is, it isn't....."
LOL - classic
biggrin.gif

sometimes while sitting on the couch watching TV I will put my HR monitor on my chest...just out of curiosity...the lowest I have seen is about 54 bpm (I think)...highest ever seen is about 202 going up a steep hill with fast bunch and busted my sphincter to stay with them...:eek: oh and another time in a Criterium, about 200 metres before finish line, jumped like McEwan and charged off, thinking "go you good thing" :D then 20 metres before victory, got passed by 4 teenagers who'd been on my wheel the whole friggin time.... :eek:
Man, I jumped like Robbie, but ended up sounding like a Steam Train at the end...