What is your minimum heart rate?

I assume you mean waking heart rate then? If so, usually between 46-48. Unless I'm coming down with a cold or something....then it can be anywhere between 55-60!

Sweet, now here's a penis measuring contest I can really get into....

I got mine down to 50 bpm.

Mine's 56, down from mid 70's 3 months ago. Should I put my penis size here too or wait for that specific thread?;)

jsull14 said:
:eek: 42? You alive? That's Indurain-like.
Not really, mine was 42 yesterday morning and 40 when I went to bed last night but up a bit this afternoon (touch of hayfever - took a cold tablet - the old ones with the psuedo eph. in them). A good buddy of mine had an ecg hooked up for a few days/nights about a decade ago and while sleeping he hit 17 bpm. I have seen 38 for myself during a hospital stay after a track training accident resulted in a broken bone in my foot (but was admitted as a cardiac patient 'cause I passed out with the pain!). It freaked 'em out as they all came rushing in as the alarms went off! Hell it all seemed pretty normal to me.;)

47. It came in really handy for a laugh back in may when I had to spend a couple of days in hospital. They had me on a heart monitor with the alarm set at 55. After the 3rd time I set the alarm off on of the nurses asked if I was a cyclist, when I replied yes she turned off the alarm and called me a trouble maker.

I have only been riding for three months after a four-year layoff so, believe it or not, my heart rate of 43 now is higher than it usually is when I have been training. Before I started training, it was in the low 50s. It has always been low. At the peak of my training in the 1970s and 1980s, it usually was low to mid 30s and occasionally dropped into the 20s. I once had a physician stop a medical procedure because of my low heart rate even though he had been told about it ahead of time.

After 20 minutes of rest, mine usually is under 40. I have seen 33 before, but it speeds up when I take a breath. I usually only take a breath 3 - 4 times a minute...

Oh, yeah, I have seen a max of 206...several times.

Ooops, wrong thread. :p

Jim

It was 38-40 bpm back in the 80's and early 90's as monitored 24/7 during some research studies at the National Institutes of Health and while at the OTC, but I'm older now and it's been 40-44 bpm for the past 6 years or so.

A very low heart rate (less than 50, or so), while not so uncommon in athletes, is not always a good thing and could be a sign of a cardiac problem. Get a physical and ask your doctor about it.

So, as predicted, Hr data is the new penis size. Early morning wake up, throw on the hr monitor in bed (as some testers recomend), 38 bpm. My whole family is freakishly low, even less conditioned members are under 50 RHR. Later in the day, it is around mid to high 40s.

As far as penis size, assuming the vagina is a church. I can get well into the sanctuary and bash the rear stain glass window behind the altar, if need be, with some to spare. This assumes an average sized church. I have no real interest in a lady packing a cathedral between her legs, nor much interest in trying out the rear door.

kopride said:
So, as predicted, Hr data is the new penis size. Early morning wake up, throw on the hr monitor in bed (as some testers recomend), 38 bpm. My whole family is freakishly low, even less conditioned members are under 50 RHR. Later in the day, it is around mid to high 40s.
Congratulations on your well-endowed family. :)

kopride said:
As far as penis size, assuming the vagina is a church. I can get well into the sanctuary and bash the rear stain glass window behind the altar, if need be, with some to spare. This assumes an average sized church. I have no real interest in a lady packing a cathedral between her legs, nor much interest in trying out the rear door.
LOL! What constitutes an average-sized church, say.... 60 bpm?