What is your most positive unforgettable cycling moment?

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
For all cyclists, what moment or event have you experienced which can be considered positively unforgettable and memorable while riding your bike?

We were in a lake resort that has bike rental. The 3 children of my sister urged me to rent a bike for the 4 of us. The bike that went to me was a little shaky with the handle bar so I had it replaced while the 3 kids were already biking around the vast area. When they came back for me, I was ready to roll. Unfortunately, it seems that I felt a bit dizzy and had lost my balance while the bike was moving on the downward direction of the pathway. I crashed on the planter box and ruined some plants. The kids ran to help me recover my bearings. I returned the bike since I had lost my appetite to ride.

Through cycling, I was able to gain good friends. I'm an introvert type of a person but by cycling, I was able to get out from my shell and become expressive to others which makes me able to hangout with people. I guess that really matters to me. It's nice to enjoy with other's company and gain good worth keeping friends.

Mine was when I took a flying lesson as I went over the handlebars after hitting someone's homemade speed bump in the dark. You're flying and wondering what happened, and what's going to happen when you hit the road. Then you lay there, hoping nothing is broken. The pain sets in, later. It reminded me of a crash in my teen years, where a scooter rider suddenly turned in front of me, and we hit head on. I remember that flying sensation, too. My motorcycle and his scooter were totaled. Fortunately, with my more recent bicycle crash, the bike wasn't damaged. Damage occurred only to a camera I had hung around my neck, and to my ribs, and flesh on my knees and elbows.

Hey there,

Sounds like you've had quite the cycling adventures! I can certainly understand how a flying lesson isn't the kind you'd sign up for. When it comes to cycling gear, I'm all for anything that enhances safety and comfort. Have you considered trying padded cycling shorts? They're designed to provide extra cushioning, which might help prevent discomfort or injuries during long rides. And, of course, always remember to stay visible on the road with reflective gear.

Happy cycling!