What Is Your Resting Morning Heart Rate?

I have no idea really as I never measured this. I wish I could lose some weight as that would make me more effective when riding.

Getting old does suck, and it happens to even us cyclists. Hope today you learn that you don't need insulin, but the good thing is that you're getting treatment and not ignoring problems.

No such luck, started fast track meal insulin today along with slow release type. Good thing is I just checked my Glucose and it is 115 before meal and after a session the trainer. Good start I think.

Reactions: oportosanto
I like the optimism that you have jhuskey, that's important as we just live life as it is and that's it.

No such luck, started fast track meal insulin today along with slow release type. Good thing is I just checked my Glucose and it is 115 before meal and after a session the trainer. Good start I think.

Sorry to hear, but hope your glucose comes back in control quickly and that you have plenty of years of cycling and good health ahead.

Reactions: jhuskey
Sorry to hear, but hope your glucose comes back in control quickly and that you have plenty of years of cycling and good health ahead.

I have already seen a drop in my Glucose and according to the Doc. I will function normally , just with insulin. At this point in appears that my auto-immune system may have attacked my Pancreas and hindered it's ability to produce insulin. My Pancreas is clear of tumors and Pancreatitis , which is good news. Just another little aggravation in life like a-hole drivers.

50 is pretty good as normal is assumed between 40 and 100. With that heart rate you can be an athlete!

When I rest it is between 50 and 80. usually at 60. However, when I run a lot and when I say run a lot I mean over 40 kilometres it can go pretty high. Over 120 but it is because running that much is just too stressful and I believe that anything else would be strange. When I ride bicycle I do not have that high rate though. I have good stamina and good preferances to last long.

Wow, running 40 kilometers is a lot indeed, that's a marathon! How often do you do that?

Mine's around 60, but I am just starting with cycling. I figure I will get a lower heart rate eventually after some time of training through cycling every single day.

Cardio exercise might change that heart rate, but not significantly I suppose, it's something we are born with.

Iam fairly consistently about 52 bpm
Occasionally seen as low as 48

I am 64 and max heart rates seen is 192

Mine has hovered around the upper 60s and low 70s in the morning and is usually in the 70s throughout the day. Even when my training was the most intense, I never got it below 60. I have a triathlete buddy of mine that has a HR in the 40s. He appears to be totally fine. It's fairly common for intense endurance athletes.

It's been years since I've checked my heart rate, but I used to do it when I was at school, in gym classes. I am doing it tomorrow just out of curiosity. :)
They have heart rate monitors apps on smartphones where you place a finger on the camera to get a reading. I've measured it against a wrist heart rate monitor and it's pretty accurate. Most of them are free so you can just download one off an app store without having to go purchase a heart rate monitor.

Reactions: oportosanto
Cardio exercise might change that heart rate, but not significantly I suppose, it's something we are born with.
Standard level cardio exercise shouldn't dramatically drop your heart rate unless it was extremely high to begin with. That said, insane level cardio will definitely lower your heart rate significantly for some. Endurance athletes are known to have insanely low resting heart rates.

Sure, if we are professional athletes we change our anatomy and our heart rate, it all depends on the levels we are talking about.

They have heart rate monitors apps on smartphones where you place a finger on the camera to get a reading. I've measured it against a wrist heart rate monitor and it's pretty accurate. Most of them are free so you can just download one off an app store without having to go purchase a heart rate monitor.

Yeah, that's the beauty of new technologies, we just have to click on something to see it. On the other hand, I am not that curious to check that out lol. :)

Yeah, that's the beauty of new technologies, we just have to click on something to see it. On the other hand, I am not that curious to check that out lol. :)
It's not a bad idea to check it out. Your resting heart rate is an important indicator of health. If it's well above 100 or below 60, that is a good indicator that something is wrong and should seek professional advice. It's one of the simplest things to monitor and with apps you can get on your phone, it's never been easier to get an accurate measurement.

Well I am not sure of the answer but I do know that it is probably not as good as it should be. I have been trying to get caught up so to speak on my health lately and biking has helped me a lot, but I still have a ways to go and some bad habits to make up for. It is getting better though, and with time I will have it down to my goal levels.

Mine is still high, but lower than what I previously posted at this time. I have health conditions causing tachycardia though. Doc put me on a beta blocker for the heart rate.