What Is Your Resting Morning Heart Rate?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Vickeree, Sep 18, 2015.

1. certificationsdesk

certificationsdesk New Member

My resting rate when totally relaxed is between high thirties to low forties..but now is 70

#61 certificationsdesk, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016

2. pedalbiker

pedalbiker New Member

I've gotten to 32-35 a few times when I was crazy overreached after some huge 4-6 week training blocks.

I don't check it very often anymore, but normally (both now and in the past) it's in the low to mid 40s.

I've never had an elevated heart rate from overtraining. It seems to only get elevated (to low to mid 50s) when I take a break and (I assume) blood plasma drops.

But pushing through some big blocks of training always lowers my heart rate across the board, from resting to intensity. A week+ of that is a good sign to back off for me.

3. joahnna mae ma-amo bello

My resting morning heart rate would be 50-65. I do not get alarmed by the number because I know that it is fine and I do not feel anything wrong. However, when I train my heart rate increases to 90-100bpm.

4. treecko142

treecko142 Active Member

My resting heart rate is around 70-80. I only resumed biking this year though, so I'm nowhere near my athlete levels back when I was in college.

5. BobNYC

BobNYC New Member

I’m 72. My resting HR is 37 to 42. Max HR @ 161. I’ve been cycling seriously for a long time.

6. DenisP

DenisP Member

This might sound a bit funny, but I've always been quite average when it came to all things in life, and my heart rate is no exception. On a normal day, my resting heart rate is just around 60 beats per minute, give or take.

That is basically the average rate for a regular adult. A heart rate lower than that--around 40 beats per minute--is typically found in what would be considered well-trained athletes.

Your heart rate is perfectly normal, although it is important to keep track of blood pressure as well. A heart rate that is higher than normal, coupled with high blood pressure, could warrant the need for a checkup with a physician, just to be on the safe side.

7. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

My BPM is always in the low to high 60's, some people say it's high but it really depends on genetics, I think it's normal for me though buy Im planning to reduce it somehow to mud 50's which is a safer zone.

8. svejorange

svejorange New Member

Have no idea, never measured it