What Is Your Resting Morning Heart Rate?

Vickeree

Mar 11, 2015
The lowest i've had was 42to47 bpm. The past few daya tho it is elevated to 60 more or less... i dont feel over trained but is this a possobility? Has anyone here had varying heart rates based on the volume of training or lack of it?

Yes, my measured heart rate is not especially stable, and I have had the my lowest heart rate bpm rated at 53 BPM, whilst having as high a heart rate as 80 during a period of time when I did intensive training. I haven't really measured it consistently since, because I have not really had any use of the data in the first place and merely did it as a curiosity.

I surmise that your heart rate would normally vary depending on the type of workout or training phase you are currently at... I plan on getting my hr consistently in the morning so i can have more data..

My resting rate when totally relaxed is between high thirties to low forties. There are many factors that might cause your heart rate to be higher, stress, anxiety, are you eating close to the time test your resting heart rate, drinking tea or even coffee or other stimulants like sugary or caffeinated energy drink?
If you measure you resting heart rate soon after exercise it will always be higher as your body is working to repair itself.

Wow, I have heard this is a good resting heart rate for morning. I do not get a full eight hours of sleep any one night. I have been having a few issues with my heart and cardiology system. I would like to remain at rest all the time, just because like I will get on the bike and before peddling 30 seconds I am already at around 125 bpm. I think the slowest resting heart beat I have had to date is maybe 75 bpm. I think this is terrible but some, like the latest cardiologist I have seen would say it is great.

Wow @Ulyses31 you must be really fit! My lowest was around mid 40s and i do try to take them the first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. I guess the type of training can also affect your hr ( aerobic vs anaerobic) and ive heard of heart ratr variability as well as another way to measure fitness level...

mid 40's now but I am kinda getting old.....used to be low 30's when I was young.

Genetics has a significant bearing on resting HR. Not saying there aren't other factors that affect resting HR - just that I wouldn't use it as a primary indication of fitness.

I've been told I have "white coat syndrome" which means that if someone is taking my BP or HR, they both elevate above their proper level, even if I'm taking it myself. However, I'm thinking of getting into Maffetone training which means I'll need a wearable Hr monitor, which should help in getting an accurate number if I can forgot for long enough that it's there!

Why is waking BP an important metric when it comes to fitness and health? I can only guess it's because of the fact that a lot of heart attacks and strokes happen just before people are due to wake in the morning as a result of hormones released which raise our heart rates and BP from their very lowered states during sleep.

Does anybody know any different? I'm kinda curious about this.....

Why is waking BP an important metric when it comes to fitness and health?
It is not. It appears that it is good enough if you can ever get your BP into the recommended range. And waking up is the best chance of being in that range.

I take my blood pressure at night. And not very often. My numbers last night - taken because I read this thread, were 53bpm and 120/77.

Checked twice this morning 45 then 47.

I've been told I have "white coat syndrome" which means that if someone is taking my BP or HR, they both elevate above their proper level, even if I'm taking it myself. However, I'm thinking of getting into Maffetone training which means I'll need a wearable Hr monitor, which should help in getting an accurate number if I can forgot for long enough that it's there!

I'm the same way, I think if I wasn't thinking about it, id be a little lower. When I go to doctors to check bp and heart rate, its always higher than at home.

It's been years since I've checked my heart rate, but I used to do it when I was at school, in gym classes. I am doing it tomorrow just out of curiosity. :)

Low 60s at my best..and I was in pretty good shape. Riding close to 15 hours a week and fit. How people get to 30s and 40s I have no idea!

I see some pretty low rates here. Mine is high 60s thereabout. Thought it was normal but now I'm having second thoughts.

Mine was 44 or so but in February my BP shot up and my morning HR was in the 80s. Had some labs done but everything looked good. I have now found my Glusose is ringing the bell. Looks line the Insulin train for me but I will know more tomorrow. Getting old sucks.

Mine was 44 or so but in February my BP shot up and my morning HR was in the 80s. Had some labs done but everything looked good. I have now found my Glusose is ringing the bell. Looks line the Insulin train for me but I will know more tomorrow. Getting old sucks.

Getting old does suck, and it happens to even us cyclists. Hope today you learn that you don't need insulin, but the good thing is that you're getting treatment and not ignoring problems.