What Is Your Resting Morning Heart Rate?

It's not a bad idea to check it out. Your resting heart rate is an important indicator of health. If it's well above 100 or below 60, that is a good indicator that something is wrong and should seek professional advice. It's one of the simplest things to monitor and with apps you can get on your phone, it's never been easier to get an accurate measurement.

Yeah, I need to start dedicating more importance and time to my health, namely what I eat and the exercise I do, but having two kids really takes away a lot of time.

Yeah, I need to start dedicating more importance and time to my health, namely what I eat and the exercise I do, but having two kids really takes away a lot of time.
Having kids is one of the best things that happens in your life. Enjoy them. The internet is full of examples of Cat 4 (for example) assholes who sacrifice time with their kids to feed the self-centered cycling personas.

Do what you can. You won't have your kids around forever (mine are grown). I don't regret a single missed race or training session to attend soccer matches and gymnastic meets.

around the 40's here but I'm not necessarily in the best shape or do a lot of training nowadays, I mostly get around town and campus and honestly would love to see some improvement to my heart rate, I am hoping with some proper training I can also fight some of the weird exhaustion I can get to experience too

I hear you man. It's always tough when you have children to take care of. The good thing is a lot of this things only require small changes to your lifestyle.

That's true and to be honest I only need let's say 30 minutes to 1 hour per day to start running and I can build on that, the most important is to start.

Low 50s here, but I'm currently recovering from a knee injury and therefor not very active. My heart rate has always been on the low side though, don't necessarily need to see a doctor if you are under 60 as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. I've known people who had resting heart rate in the low 30s and were perfectly fine, well trained (amateur) athletes.

It's all a matter of the anatomy we have plus the exercise we make. I recall being a kid and the doctor saying I had the heart of an athlete.

Reactions: Jcycle
Mine is still way to high, but at least it isn't in the 100 to 120 range anymore. I'm on a beta blocker now that is helping some.

That is pretty low. Genetics are a fascinating topic, but those with the lower rates do better at sports.

I've been told I have "white coat syndrome" which means that if someone is taking my BP or HR, they both elevate above their proper level, even if I'm taking it myself. However, I'm thinking of getting into Maffetone training which means I'll need a wearable Hr monitor, which should help in getting an accurate number if I can forgot for long enough that it's there!
Wow, I didn't know about white coat syndrome, pretty interesting stuff right there!

I am not really sure if the fitness level is related to the resting heart rate to be honest...