What is your take on this new innovation?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by VickyLaursen, Mar 16, 2012.

1. VickyLaursen

VickyLaursen New Member

Hey cycling friends, What is your take on my idea for a hands free iPhone case that you can pin anywhere.[​IMG][​IMG]

iPhone Case has two strong nails attached to the case which allows you to pin it anywhere you want. Backpacks, inside tshirt pockets, curtains, upholstery, sweatshirts anywhere.
    Nails are embedded in the case and your iPhone is not touching them.
    KEY FEATURES
    • Navigation at your fingertips while commuting
    • Attach it to curtains so you can see a film while washing the dishes.
    • Get it out of your pocket so you have more space for your car keys and wallet.
    • Wear it to work and make your colleagues jealous.
    • Listen to music while your running, jogging, hiking, climbing.
    • Wear it in the car. Makes using your earbuds easier because they are closer to your ears.
    • Includes scratch resistant face cover.
    • Pin it to your clothes to keep it from falling into whatever you are doing.
    • Cyclists and motocross, bmx riders, skateboarders, videotape your trips.

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Pockets work perfectly.

3. jpr95

jpr95 Active Member

Or a handlebar mount.

4. VickyLaursen

VickyLaursen New Member

Are there handlebar mounts?

5. alienator

Yep. There are quite a few, especially as a fair number of people are now using their smart phones as cycling computers.

6. VickyLaursen

VickyLaursen New Member

Hm. any innovations that you feel are missing?

7. VickyLaursen

VickyLaursen New Member

How about something to prevent handlebar and front wheel from spinning around when your bike is parked. When the bike has the panniers fully loaded and you get off the bike put it on the kick stand the front end turns on its side. There are a few anti spin devices but they are 1 not easy to deploy 2 very cumbersome 3 labor intensive to install. It has to be able to connect when the rider is still on the bike.

8. VickyLaursen

VickyLaursen New Member

or: A device you use to charge your USB light that will charge it long enough to get you through the night.

Or: an adaptor for my bicycle pump to inflate my sleeping pad. At the end of the day, that’s the last thing I want to do. I know it’s pathetic, but I feel like a sucker sitting there, blowing into this thing, when I’ve been beating up my lungs all day on the road.
    or: a holder for a galaxy note on my bike

9. maydog

maydog Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure those "nails" would not hold while someone is jogging. When pinned to your clothes, how do you see the screen and how would you answer a call? Armbands, however lame I see them, are popular among sporting folk for a reason. For your application, velcro would work much better. I use velcro to mount my gps to my aerobars and made vecro straps to hold various items and sunglasses to my bike. Why not make a helmet visor mount. then the user could be innundated with a constant source of distraction? I keep my $15, prepaid phone packed in my seat bag. Anti spin device: see bungee cord. USB charger: see dynamo hub - it already exists Bicycle pump adapter: the pump is high volume, low pressure. You will fill it faster with your lungs. A hair dryer, leaf blower, battery powered low pressure inflator would work better. This would make my life a bit easier: Lightweight integrated lock and self retracting cable mechanism with biometric identification (fingerprint). I currently tote around a largish cable and lock when commuting and riding to the club for a workout. Locking / Unlocking my bike requires that I: take off my backpack, fish out and untangle the cable, fish out my keys, unlock the lock and put the keys back in the bag. A keyless system with a smaller cable would be handy.

10. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

How about something that will load my bike and a freinds bike onto the bike rack for the drive home after a long fast ride that has pretty much sapped my energy? Or for that matter, how about a self driving car that will take me home after a long hard ride so that I can take a nap in transit?

11. alienator

Keep the thinking up. You'll find something that people will consider handy. I'm having a bit of difficulty coming up with anything. The sleeping pad thing is covered by companies like Therm-a-rest, with their self inflating mattresses. However, you could consider putting some sort of rubber "stopper" around a pump needle--you know, the thing that's inserted into a football or baseball when it's inflated--that seals the gap between the needle and the inside surface of an air mattress' nipple. Something made from a material like what foam ear plugs are made from. Placed around the needle you could compress that material, and it would expand to fill the lumen of the air mattress nipple. A purpose-made needle could have a little shoulder on it, near its tip, to keep the foam stopper from coming off. There are number of options for charging e-devices from bicycle dynamos, batteries, and photovoltaic cells (solar cells) Galaxy Note: man, I'm sorry. That thing is the worst combination of cell phone and tablet. It looks like you'd need gorilla hands to hold the thing. Certainly there'll be more than few who struggle to keep a grasp on it. It has none of the real estate of a tablet. All in all, it doesn't seem very slick IMHO. Methinks iPhones and the like are about the largest a phone can be and still be convenient.