What is your worst cycling experience?

It will only take you days to experience the downsides of cycling like falling and getting bruises on your knees and elbows. However once you've got how to use your bike, then the rest of your life will be full of joy.

Just flat tire in a remote area, at the middle of the night. It's really hard to find help and all we need is to walk.

Haven't had a nasty fall in a long while, but I had a pretty bad one when I was around 10. I fell into a canal and broke several bones and had a nasty wound on my forehead, I still have a scar and a noticeable wrinkle from the accident. it almost made me quit riding lol.

I was 14 and I was riding my BMX and was jumping a ramp on my third run when I landed, my fork broke and my face hit the ground and I nearly got impaled by the detached fork. I spent a night at the hospital, my face hurt for a week.

I think this might be not a terrible one but this is the worst cycling experience for me, I get into accident by not intentionally hitting a moving car and the next thing happened is that my knee is on my bike's wheel. I don't know how to explain it well but it happened during my second to ride a bike and I am still practicing that time. I know I should have practice in an open and free area without any cars passing by, but I am still a kid and kids have the tendency to not care in surroundings and taking some risks is my habit when I was a kid.

I think this might be not a terrible one but this is the worst cycling experience for me, I get into accident by not intentionally hitting a moving car and the next thing happened is that my knee is on my bike's wheel. I don't know how to explain it well but it happened during my second to ride a bike and I am still practicing that time. I know I should have practice in an open and free area without any cars passing by, but I am still a kid and kids have the tendency to not care in surroundings and taking some risks is my habit when I was a kid.

Thankfully, I can't say that I've had too many terrible cycling experiences. Sure you have an accident here and there, but you're bound to trip and fall even on flat ground, let alone on two wheels.

That being said, the one with the longest lasting repercussions happened back in High School. I used to ride my bike to and from school back then, and most rides were typically uneventful. Then one day, I was transferring from the road onto a sidewalk, when my wheel hit the curb at a strange angle. This caused the front wheel to slide out from under me, and I smacked right into the ground.

I picked myself up, and everything seemed fine, until I realized that I couldn't move my arm. Turned out, my arm was forced out of its shoulder socket and essentially dislocated. I had managed to fix it myself and went home as if nothing happened, but ever since then, my left arm has been extremely prone to dislocation, and I've dislocated it upwards of 20 times since.

What is the worst experience you've ever had? Bad fall, incidents with people, cars, animals, etc. I've just started out and I want to hear some of the unfortunate downsides of cycling.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
I have fallen so many times in forty years of riding that falling is usually nothing more than an uncomfortable experience. What really irks me is every Joe Racer that has to pass everyone on the road and feels it's an achievement to pass a 90 year old man on a tricycle.

Every once in awhile I've ridden up behind someone that is obviously exhausted so I'll ride behind him when he's doing a reasonable pace. And then some Joe Racer has to pile past close enough to impress himself. I'd give him an eighth of a mile lead and pass him doing 5 mph faster than he is and then wait at the top twiddling my thumbs. For some reason that seems to upset them. Then I'll wait for the other guy and ride in with them.

The day I lost my old bike was one of the worst days of my cycling career as I couldn't sleep that day. Actually, it was a pal that I gave the bike to ride for a moment lost it as he didn't chain it where he went to play game at the game centre. I felt really bad when he returned with the story of the lost bike. All we did you recover the bike was not fruitful as the police said there is nothing they could do about it.