What JU should do to try and win TdF 06

hombredesubaru said:
Ummm, I am not so sure about Greg and high cadence.
Whenever I see him on the old Tour tapes he looks like he is muscling his way up the climbs. I mean maybe relative to his times it was fast.

What made you say Greg was high cadence?

I have a couple of tapes with him spinning nicely in the 1985 TDF with the Badger : then there's the great scene in 1986 at Alp D;Huez when Greg and Hinault are softtaping it toward as they're neck and neck (Hinault had to spin after his tendonitis trouble in 1983-84).

limerickman said:
I have a couple of tapes with him spinning nicely in the 1985 TDF with the Badger : then there's the great scene in 1986 at Alp D;Huez when Greg and Hinault are softtaping it toward as they're neck and neck (Hinault had to spin after his tendonitis trouble in 1983-84).
Greg was a very exciting attacking rider like the Badger.
Too bad there are so few complete riders like those two around.

bobke said:
Greg was a very exciting attacking rider like the Badger.
Too bad there are so few complete riders like those two around.

LeMond was a superb rider - could win all types of races, each and every season.

It kills me to say that because more often than not he beat my all time favourite
Sean Kelly.
But there you go.

limerickman said:
LeMond was a superb rider - could win all types of races, each and every season.

It kills me to say that because more often than not he beat my all time favourite
Sean Kelly.
But there you go.
Wow Sean Kelly, yeah he was great!!!

cyclingheroes said:
Wow Sean Kelly, yeah he was great!!!

He sure was, CH - my favourite rider of all time.

Been fortunate to have met the man several times too.
Even cycled with him three times (as part of a group).

He's very unassuming and very very modest.
The mans a national hero in this country.
And so he should be.

limerickman said:
He sure was, CH - my favourite rider of all time.

Been fortunate to have met the man several times too.
Even cycled with him three times (as part of a group).

He's very unassuming and very very modest.
The mans a national hero in this country.
And so he should be.
He raced all throught the year too and won on all terrain. We all know he was a great one day rider but he won the Tour of Spain and I could be wrong but I think he won a Grand Prix des Nation time trial too (I think that's what it was called) beating all the best time triallists in the world!