What Justin Wilson Said?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jerry Minasi, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Jerry Minasi

    Jerry Minasi Guest

    Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he cooked in his backyard. We really
    liked, and miss him.

    Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For the life of me, I can't
    remember what he said! It was on the order of "that was some delicious", or something like that. If
    anyone can recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
    it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility, neither my wife or myself can
    remember it!

    Most gratefully,

    Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Jerry asked:

    > Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For the life of me, I can't
    > remember what he said! It was on the order of "that was some delicious", or something like that.
    > If anyone can recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
    > it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility, neither my wife or myself
    > can remember it!

    All I can remember is "That's one-to-munch, I gairontee."

    Bob

  3. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Jerry Minasi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he cooked in his backyard. We
    > really liked, and miss him.
    >
    > Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For the life of me, I can't
    > remember what he said! It was on the order of "that was some delicious", or something like that.
    > If anyone can recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
    > it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility, neither my wife or myself
    > can remember it!
    >
    > Most gratefully,
    >
    > Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com

    Dimitri

    Look Here : http://www.justinwilson.com/

    Also:

    http://www.cajunculture.com/People/wilsonJ.htm

    Wilson's first album of Cajun humor sold over a million copies; he went on to release more than two
    dozen additional albums - and in the process made famous the "Cajun" expression "I gare-rohn-tee!"
    He wrote three comedic books: Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor (1974), Justin Wilson's Cajun Fables
    (1982), and More Cajun Humor (1984). Wilson also excelled as a chef, and hosted a popular cooking
    show on public television.

  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Dimitri wrote:

    > "Jerry Minasi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he cooked in his backyard. We
    >>really liked, and miss him.
    >>
    >>Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For the life of me, I can't
    >>remember what he said! It was on the order of "that was some delicious", or something like that.
    >>If anyone can recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
    >>it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility, neither my wife or myself
    >> can remember it!
    >>
    >>Most gratefully,
    >>
    >>Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com
    >
    > Dimitri
    >
    > Look Here : http://www.justinwilson.com/
    >
    > Also:
    >
    > http://www.cajunculture.com/People/wilsonJ.htm
    >
    > Wilson's first album of Cajun humor sold over a million copies; he went on to release more than
    > two dozen additional albums - and in the process made famous the "Cajun" expression "I gare-rohn-
    > tee!" He wrote three comedic books: Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor (1974), Justin Wilson's Cajun
    > Fables (1982), and More Cajun Humor (1984). Wilson also excelled as a chef, and hosted a popular
    > cooking show on public television.

    And he came to my radio program with his blonde, Everest-haired, jiggly "assistant" who carried a
    cooler filled with "Thomas Justin Collinses" made from equal parts gin and Country Time Lemonade. He
    poured for me and my co-host and by the end of the program, we were all imitating each other's
    speech patterns and I even said "I garontee" once. He tried speaking Yankee and didn't quite pull it
    off. Like my cajun, I guess...

    He was a hoot. In his 80's at the time and fresh from a divorce because he said his wife caught him
    with another woman.

    Pastorio

  5. Jerry Minasi

    Jerry Minasi Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:41:18 -0500, "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Dimitri wrote:
    >
    >> "Jerry Minasi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he cooked in his backyard. We
    >>>really liked, and miss him.
    >>>
    >>>Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For the life of me, I can't
    >>>remember what he said! It was on the order of "that was some delicious", or something like that.
    >>>If anyone can recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
    >>>it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility, neither my wife or myself
    >>> can remember it!
    >>>
    >>>Most gratefully,
    >>>
    >>>Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com
    >>
    >> Dimitri
    >>
    >> Look Here : http://www.justinwilson.com/
    >>
    >> Also:
    >>
    >> http://www.cajunculture.com/People/wilsonJ.htm
    >>
    >> Wilson's first album of Cajun humor sold over a million copies; he went on to release more than
    >> two dozen additional albums - and in the process made famous the "Cajun" expression "I gare-rohn-
    >> tee!" He wrote three comedic books: Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor (1974), Justin Wilson's Cajun
    >> Fables (1982), and More Cajun Humor (1984). Wilson also excelled as a chef, and hosted a popular
    >> cooking show on public television.
    >
    >And he came to my radio program with his blonde, Everest-haired, jiggly "assistant" who carried a
    >cooler filled with "Thomas Justin Collinses" made from equal parts gin and Country Time Lemonade.
    >He poured for me and my co-host and by the end of the program, we were all imitating each other's
    >speech patterns and I even said "I garontee" once. He tried speaking Yankee and didn't quite pull
    >it off. Like my cajun, I guess...
    >
    >He was a hoot. In his 80's at the time and fresh from a divorce because he said his wife caught him
    >with another woman.
    >
    >Pastorio

    My Sincere thanks to All! now we can sleep at night. Jerry Minasi