What keeps you motivated to do your cycling on a regular basis?

Just knowing that in the future, I'll be happy I did it :)

I stopped exercising once and once my body started going back to normal I kind of upset and though "What would I look like if I carried on?"

Knowing I will regret it keeps me going :)

I'm going to start cycling to my job soon, so getting to the office on time and for freewill be a good motivating factor, I guess. As for the recreational rides, I simply like it, so I don't struggle to keep motivated. I'm a little lazy, but cycling always came almost effortlessly to me.

I have immediate and noticeable quality of life issues due to my personal health issues on days that I don't cycle. The big one is swelling in my feet and legs. Cycling keeps it at bay.

I always just think about how happy I'll be that I didn't give up.

Training makes my mental and physical health way better, so why stop? I just think "Where will I be in a year?" and I don't like seeing myself out of shape and unhappy, so I just keep at it. :)

The green scenery and hardcore thinking time. Plus getting away from the suffocating environment that is a house is pretty great! It also tones your legs. Who doesn't want sexy strong legs?! Except those thick vein calves. Yuck.

I just simply enjoy it. And is the only anaerobic exercise I'm currently doing at regular basis right now.

Reactions: steve
I ride to exercise my body specifically my core muscles and my back muscles cycling helps me in treating my spinal cord injury by strengthening my back and midsection.

The fact is that while I genuinely enjoy activities like mountain biking, anything can become tedious when you start making a mandatory routine out of it.

I have never really been a fan of fitness/exercising, but I'm certainly a fan of the results that it brings. Most of the time, I have to remind myself that what I'm doing isn't so I feel good right now, but rather so that I feel good for hours to come afterwards. I know that sacrificing 40 minutes of my time by being uncomfortable will mean I feel fantastic for the rest of the day.

Thankfully I don't always have to talk myself into it, and a decent amount of the time I'm actually excited to get out there and ride.

To some it does become a religion, and if I dint go out in the bike at least a few times a week I get grumpy and my wife can tell I'm missing it.

She's even resorted to saying sometimes just go for a ride and cheer yourself up, because with me aswell as everything else, it simply cheers me up and makes me feel better.
Main reason I cycle is for pleasure, so I don't really need to get motivated as its a hobby for me, more than anything.