What keeps you motivated?

Group: alt.support.diet.weightwatchers Date: Mon, Jan 26, 2004, 9:07pm (EST+5) From:
[email protected] (SPOONS) Hi all, Just wondering what are some things that keeps you
motivated? What keeps me motivated is the nice compliments that my DH gives me. Plus the fact that
WW's is really working and I'm doing it with ease. Take care, SPOONS what keeps me motivated is
improved health , and keeping diabeties at bay . not being the biggest woman in the room . plus the
fact i hate me being fat . Brenda

Proud member Of "Peta". EARTH_ We must be the change we wish to see in the world. poulty producers
don't want you to know that one third of chickens used for human comsuption are infected with
salmonella.

Oh sure - reheated the dang coffee twice (it's so danged cold here!) and now have it nice and
hot ... all over my monitor. You go girl! I'm betting deep in Fred's heart, he likes your
motivation. <G>

Joyce

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:38:48 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My motivation is trying to get under Fred

Aw come on Fred! Give in already, she'll never let you be under!!

Brenda

> That space intentionally left blank!
>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:38:48 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >My motivation is trying to get under Fred

(wipe, wipe)

Don't stake money on that thought! (G)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:13:55 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh sure - reheated the dang coffee twice (it's so danged cold here!) and now have it nice and
>hot ... all over my monitor. You go girl! I'm betting deep in Fred's heart, he likes your
>motivation. <G>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:38:48 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>My motivation is trying to get under Fred

I KNOW!!! I did not start this competition but might have to end it. But, I'm pretty sure she wins
this week.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:19:48 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Aw come on Fred! Give in already, she'll never let you be under!!
>
>Brenda
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>> That space intentionally left blank!
>>
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:38:48 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >My motivation is trying to get under Fred

Hey, get tough with 'em lady! I didn't, I let them tell me I was wacky - until the car finally died
on the road, in a puff of smoke. Many years ago my car had been in and out of the shop, I could
smell something burning whenever I exited the car. I'd take it in, and of course by the time they
got around to looking at it the problem didn't happen. When we had to have it towed, along with hub
having to come to wisconsin to collect me and my smelly son (returning from 2 weeks at summer camp)
- the problem was finally discovered - by a different dealer. Seems I had been driving for well over
a year with one of the front brakes totally engaged ... hense the smelling something burning ..
which may have caused the engine to overwork. I'm not a mechanic so don't fully understand, nor do I
care. It really ****** me off to continually be told nothing was wrong.

Like you, I no longer take the ****. If I have to get tough to let it be known that I will not be
pushed around - I will. Good for you for regaining your courage and self-confidence!

Joyce

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:15:40 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks Bird. I think he even answered me. But I didn't get it. I am kind of slow here.... I am in
>such a great mood today though. My car is acting strange, and it is under warranty, and when I took
>it the first time to get looked at, they gave me the "ditsy female" treatment... you know the one.
>Yes, yes, yes, we can fix that. Then "come get it" and when I did, they say "nothing is wrong, we
>checked it and it didn't do "that"'... And of course when I started it to show them, it still
>didn't. Got it home and it did it again... So I called a salesman I knew and said hey, you guys
>better give me a heads up about this car or somebody is going to regret it in a big way. This
>morning I took it back, and had my bike stuck in the trunk, so I would not be TRAPPED there. I was
>telling the service guy that I wanted it fixed, and it had better be fixed before they called me to
>get it... I was nice, but very firm. The salesman saw me, and next thing I know the service manager
>is out there, and the owner... Long story, but if I had still been the "me" of years past before
>this success with my weight I would probably be driving the thing like it was. I told the service
>manager that if it was happening 8 out of 10 times when I drove the car there must be somebody
>around there that could make it happen for them, and I didn't want it back until.....
>
>Then I got my bike out of the back and peddled myself home. The traffic was very aerobic. I feel
>like Zena again. This Keeps me Motivated. I am Acting like the Strong woman I am...
>
>"bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Why Lesanne, What forever do you mean!!!!! That was a good one! Bird "Lesanne"
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> > My motivation is trying to get under Fred

hehehe. Ya never know. Now play nice!

Joyce

Fred wrote:

> Oh, gawd, another Warrior Princess (G)

It's catching! I eat kitchen fitters for breakfast... very low cal, by the time you spit the bits of
chipboard, power tools and screwdrivers out!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Warrior QUEEN to you :):)

> Oh, gawd, another Warrior Princess (G)
>

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:15:40 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Bird. I think he even answered me. But I didn't get it. I am
kind
> >of slow here.... I am in such a great mood today though. My car is acting strange, and it
is
> >under warranty, and when I took it the first time to get looked at, they gave me the "ditsy
> >female" treatment... you know the one. Yes, yes, yes,
we
> >can fix that. Then "come get it" and when I did, they say "nothing is wrong, we checked it and it
> >didn't do "that"'... And of course when I started it to show them, it still didn't. Got it home
> >and it did it again... So I called a salesman I knew and said hey, you guys better give
me
> >a heads up about this car or somebody is going to regret it in a big way. This morning I took it
> >back, and had my bike stuck in the trunk, so I
would
> >not be TRAPPED there. I was telling the service guy that I wanted it
fixed,
> >and it had better be fixed before they called me to get it... I was
nice,
> >but very firm. The salesman saw me, and next thing I know the service manager is out there, and
> >the owner... Long story, but if I had still been the "me" of years past before this success with
> >my weight I would probably be driving the thing like it was.
> >told the service manager that if it was happening 8 out of 10 times when
> >drove the car there must be somebody around there that could make it
happen
> >for them, and I didn't want it back until.....
> >
> >Then I got my bike out of the back and peddled myself home. The traffic
was
> >very aerobic. I feel like Zena again. This Keeps me Motivated. I am Acting like the Strong woman
> >I am...
> >
> >"bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> Why Lesanne, What forever do you mean!!!!! That was a good one! Bird "Lesanne"

LOL!! They found the problem :). Ordered me a nice new fuel pump. The end justifies the means.

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >drove the car there must be somebody around there that could make it
happen
> >for them, and I didn't want it back until.....
> >
> >Then I got my bike out of the back and peddled myself home. The traffic
was
> >very aerobic. I feel like Zena again. This Keeps me Motivated. I am Acting like the Strong woman
> >I am...
>
> Phew glad I'm not a car mechanic. All those skinny women coming in telling me what to do...:)
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

Who has to play nice?

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> hehehe. Ya never know. Now play nice!
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:44:27 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >(wipe, wipe)
> >
> >Don't stake money on that thought! (G)
> >
> >On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:13:55 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Oh sure - reheated the dang coffee twice (it's so danged cold here!) and
now have
> >>it nice and hot ... all over my monitor. You go girl! I'm betting deep
in Fred's
> >>heart, he likes your motivation. <G>
> >>
> >>Joyce

Watch out for the saws-all! (G)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:34:45 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

>Fred wrote:
>>
>> Oh, gawd, another Warrior Princess (G)
>
>It's catching! I eat kitchen fitters for breakfast... very low cal, by the time you spit the bits
>of chipboard, power tools and screwdrivers out!

Go Kate

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
online.co.uk...
> Fred wrote:
> >
> > Oh, gawd, another Warrior Princess (G)
>
> It's catching! I eat kitchen fitters for breakfast... very low cal, by the time you spit the bits
> of chipboard, power tools and screwdrivers out!
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

You're the second who wants me to refer to them as Queen. I don't think my back can take this
much bowing.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:14:23 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Warrior QUEEN to you :):)
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Oh, gawd, another Warrior Princess (G)
>>

>> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:15:40 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks Bird. I think he even answered me. But I didn't get it. I am
>kind
>> >of slow here.... I am in such a great mood today though. My car is acting strange, and it
>is
>> >under warranty, and when I took it the first time to get looked at, they gave me the "ditsy
>> >female" treatment... you know the one. Yes, yes, yes,
>we
>> >can fix that. Then "come get it" and when I did, they say "nothing is wrong, we checked it and
>> >it didn't do "that"'... And of course when I started it to show them, it still didn't. Got it
>> >home and it did it again... So I called a salesman I knew and said hey, you guys better give
>me
>> >a heads up about this car or somebody is going to regret it in a big way. This morning I took it
>> >back, and had my bike stuck in the trunk, so I
>would
>> >not be TRAPPED there. I was telling the service guy that I wanted it
>fixed,
>> >and it had better be fixed before they called me to get it... I was
>nice,
>> >but very firm. The salesman saw me, and next thing I know the service manager is out there, and
>> >the owner... Long story, but if I had still been the "me" of years past before this success with
>> >my weight I would probably be driving the thing like it was.
>> >told the service manager that if it was happening 8 out of 10 times when
>> >drove the car there must be somebody around there that could make it
>happen
>> >for them, and I didn't want it back until.....
>> >
>> >Then I got my bike out of the back and peddled myself home. The traffic
>was
>> >very aerobic. I feel like Zena again. This Keeps me Motivated. I am Acting like the Strong woman
>> >I am...

Okay, let's get this straight, were you a nurse in a Ken Kesey novel? (gd&r) (I can't even type that
with a straight face - ggggggggggggg)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:06:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Who has to play nice?
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> hehehe. Ya never know. Now play nice!
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:44:27 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >(wipe, wipe)
>> >
>> >Don't stake money on that thought! (G)

>now have
>in Fred's

Why Fred, of course! Who did ya think?

Joyce

Lesanne wrote:

> Go Kate

Unfortunately, 18 month on the Kitchens Direct saga continues, but I'm too busy with bridal sewing
to want the house filled with sawdust as they extract and replace a cupboard and a drawer unit - the
cupboard being the one with the sink over it! GRR! And this because when they refitted the worktops,
they bollixed up the pipework and it sprang a leak hidden behind the said cupboards! I burn of LOADS
of calories fuming about it and chewing lumps off them! they didn't like me telling the directors of
the company and the trading standard office that I had been subjected to obfuscation, obstruction,
and mendacity!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Hey you don't have to bow. ! You the King!