What kind of bike do you have?

Cyclist14

Oct 13, 2004
What kind of XC bike do you have?

I have a Gary Fisher Tassjara if that can be considered an XC bike

I have a few.

Trek 9700 OCLV hardtail (current primary bike)

AlpineStars Al-Mega XT (currently a frame/fork only, needing to be re-built)

Jamis Dakar Expert (frameset, hopefully arriving today) :D

The Jamis is a multi-link full suspension frame with a horst link, so it should be a good cross-country ride.

01 Kona King Kikapu, 98 Kona Cinder Cone, 88/89 Schwinn Kom7 (for the days I want to ride a rigid bike, this one was my first mtb,I commute with it also), and an old Parkpre...

I have a 2005 Giant XTC 2, nice light xc bike. has proved to be a good racer.

I have a 2005 Kona Cinder Cone with Avid Mechanical Disc brakes (instead of the Hayes Hydraulic). The Avids are sooo easy to deal with and work great!

My XC bike is last years NRS-3 It's heavier than some but comfort's at maximum and pedal bob's at minimum.

Hi. My first post here, I'm just getting back into MTB after a few years out. I'm currently building a bike based around a Merlin Malt 1 frameset, Zoom DH650 forks (yeah I know), with mostly LX and XT group. It's gonna be sweet :)

Old GT XCR5000. Its aight. Does its job well, but I'm looking to upgrade when funds allow. Either a Santa Cruz Blur, maybe an Ultralight, or one of the 06 Scotts that are supposed to be coming out...

Mountain Cycle Zen
normal_2005_0325_210506AA_sm.jpg

Howdy!

I'd be interested in purchasing your Al-Mega as my components are attached to a now defunct Alpinetstars frame (1 1/4 headset, XTR for a 93 Al-Mega) which has a busted bottom bracket weld.

Are you interested in passing this to another rider for a re-build?

Standing by for word...Comnaver.

cydewaze said:
I have a few.

Trek 9700 OCLV hardtail (current primary bike)

AlpineStars Al-Mega XT (currently a frame/fork only, needing to be re-built)

Jamis Dakar Expert (frameset, hopefully arriving today) :D

The Jamis is a multi-link full suspension frame with a horst link, so it should be a good cross-country ride.

comnaver said:
Howdy!

I'd be interested in purchasing your Al-Mega as my components are attached to a now defunct Alpinetstars frame (1 1/4 headset, XTR for a 93 Al-Mega) which has a busted bottom bracket weld.

Are you interested in passing this to another rider for a re-build?

Standing by for word...Comnaver.
Ahh, that was my first serious bike, and I'm kind of sentimentally attached to it. I'll get it built back up eventually. It was going to be this year until I got that FS frame.

I've got the broken part repaired, and I'll probably get an adapter so I can use a 1-1/8th fork on it. Once I get the Dakar built up, most of the components from my 9700 will probably go in the AlpineStars because it was a considerably superior frame.

I think we should petition AlpineStars to start building bikes again.

Mine too. My Dad is their customs broker and I got a sweet deal on their first Al-Mega XTR. Polished aluminum and everything was beautiful.

Had to dispose of it as the head tube gusset failed.

I'm hurting for another of the original E-stays for the ease of components swapping and lastly, I have a ride for Diabetes this month and no bike.

Please consider selling to a faithful A-stars rider. I'll take good care of her and she'll get a grade six polish before I strap on the full XTR kit with cross-max's and a re-built mag-21. True retro!

Standing by for word...Andrew (Comnaver)

cydewaze said:
Ahh, that was my first serious bike, and I'm kind of sentimentally attached to it. I'll get it built back up eventually. It was going to be this year until I got that FS frame.

I've got the broken part repaired, and I'll probably get an adapter so I can use a 1-1/8th fork on it. Once I get the Dakar built up, most of the components from my 9700 will probably go in the AlpineStars because it was a considerably superior frame.

I think we should petition AlpineStars to start building bikes again.

An 02' Jamis Dakar Sport. The frameset came from ebay. I built it with my last bike's components:
Manitou Black Elite
Risse Racing Astro rear shock
XT shifters/derailleurs
Truvativ Stylo 180mm's
Avid Mech. discs
Bontrager RaceLite tubeless
Conti Vert Pro 2.3's

I'm new to Mountain Biking this year. I have a 2004 Gary Fisher Ziggurat...love it. It's my first bike.

Christine

I am riding an old Saracen bike. I think it started off as a cheap commuter type bike but I have built it into a pretty hardcore piece of kit, although I am not yet finished.

Only the frame, wheelset, cranks and BB remain from the original and the wheels are likely to be replaced in the near future.

The love of my riding life is a Wheeler 2000 Pro Oversized.
Almost completely upgraded over the years so all that is left is the frame. I abuse the hell out of it - I am 6'2 220 lbs - and it takes it with a smile. Will run a couple XC races with it this year. I don't plan to be in the front, but at leastr I'll finish in one piece...

Can't freakin find these bikes in the states any more. Hardly in any English speaking country according to the web site! ****!

Big Daddy K