What kind of bike do you have?

Road Bike: 2004 Cannondale R2000
Mountain Bike: 1994 Cannondale M800

Just rode my first Cross Country ride today (what an adrenaline rush) and am seriously thinking about dumpting the M800 for a Cannondale Scalpel.

Finally got my Alpinestars built back up after several years of the bare frame hanging on a hook.

imgp2096.jpg

I have a Specialized S-Works M5 04, XTR, Hope Minis, Rockshock Psylo Race Tulio 04 (pretty damaged).

I do love my frame and the XTR components. Any advise for a upgrade?

Thanks man

XC Dual Sus: Giant Anthem 1 (Australian version), stock except XTR FD and Dura Ace 12-27 cassette

XC Hardtail: Cannondale F-series CAAD 5, nothing original, XTR, Hope mono minis, Hope XC Ti hubs, Mavic 717s, Dura Ace 12-27 cassette

Roadie: MBK/Cofidis Tour de France team issue frameset, Dura Ace groupset, Ksyrium SL wheelset, Ritchey WCS components

Gday all,
Here is my XC machine...
Its an '05 Australian Spec Giant Yukon

Most interesting bits are as follows...
Pretty Red Bits: Rock Shox SID XC Hyrda Air Forks and SDG Slim Jim Seat
Pretty Black Bits: TruVativ IsoFlow Cranks, Wheels, Stem, Bars, Seat Post, Bontrager Connection Tyres
Pretty Silver Bits: SRAM 8 Spd Chain, Shimano Deore XT Derailluer, Shifters , Hayes GX-2 Brakes (Plan on upgrading soon with Shifters)
Pretty Dirty Bits: Frame..i think this is a dirt magnet as even when i dont ride, its dirty!

i have a stumpjumper comp frame with race face next lp's, tubeless crossmaxes (<--my two dreamiest things on my bike), with rim wranglers, mostly xt, 18 speed (2x9) got some random ritchey kore **** thrown on there. my pedals are some shitty spuds.

fisher cake 1 dlx custom build. manitou minute2 with enduro seal kit tompson stem, easton ec70 seat post and xc90 monkeylite bars, xtr shifters and derailers xt htII cranks with enduro bearing upgrade,chris king hubs and head set, mavic 819disc rims with dt spokes 1st wheel set that i laced up , the brakes are shimano xt disc have 2nd set of wheels are shimano xt :D this is my 1st ground up build. the others are gt xcr1000,gt pantera and novra trionfo road bike

i have got a giant xtc composite 06 model lovely light bike (not scared of hills anymore):D

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp '07
Iron Horse M7500 '99

The only thing I changed was the specialized to tubeless tires because of all the evil thorns and burs here in TX.

I just got a 2007 specialized FSR XC pro, all stock components but upgraded the saddle. I LOVE the adjustability of the air shock and forks! :D

I have an Giant XTC2 - best value XC bike around. Nice and light, great geometry for climbing and fast single track, but the steering is very direct and a bit twitchy in the technical stuff - but this just turns you into a better rider!

My Trek 4300

I"ve added bb7 brakes, Time Z pedals, race face atlas crank w/BB and bash guard, rockshox duke XC fork, XT rear derailluer and barends. Since the pic was taken I've added a race face carbon handlebar and Hope Pro 2 hubs on mavic 717 rims.

I love this bike but am looking forward to a Full Suspension in about 2 years.

Rico,

I am in the process of building a new wheelset for my Giant NRS C2 and I have the Mavic XC717 rims and both Hope Pro II disc hubs. I still need my spokes & nipples. How do you like that combo? How light are they?

Mark

Here is my ride now...

RIC0 said:
My Trek 4300

I"ve added bb7 brakes, Time Z pedals, race face atlas crank w/BB and bash guard, rockshox duke XC fork, XT rear derailluer and barends. Since the pic was taken I've added a race face carbon handlebar and Hope Pro 2 hubs on mavic 717 rims.

I love this bike but am looking forward to a Full Suspension in about 2 years.

Compared to the stocker rims and hubs they are awesome. Lightweight, rolls smooth, look killer and didn't break the bank as bad as a King wheelset. I like the sound of the freewheel hub too...:cool:

05 Specialized Expert 120 with Mavic 819rims, Lazor Disc Lite WTB hubs and

Maxxis High Roller tubeless tires.The rest is factory specs.

Road: Karbona Muscle Lite Carbon frame with Dura Ace, Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, Amoeba Scud Carbon bar & stem, SLR saddle, easton carbon seat pillar.

MTB: Raleigh RM9 with XT, Mavic tubeless wheels, ritchey pro finishing kit.

Track: Hansom (south african made steel frame) with a hodge podge group set including some Campy Super Record, Dura Ace, Miche steel bars and Mavic aero rims... Probably weighs almst as much as my road bike!!!