What Kind Of Bike Do You Own?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zackiac, Aug 14, 2015.

1. rabiyajamal45

rabiyajamal45 New Member

2. reighn

reighn Member

I had a bmx also before, but i replace it into a mountain bike, because some of my friends encourages me for a long ride, and it's hard to use the bmx for a long ride.

3. zipp2001

zipp2001 Well-Known Member

I have an old GT triple triangle steel mountain bike, and a Trek 29 plus, and a Fat bike.

4. Aruu

Aruu New Member

The bike that I'm currently using is called Voodoo Canzo Mountain Bike. I got it for a really, really good price when one of the nearby bike shops has a sale and I fell in love with it. I'm really surprised by how good it is.

One time I fell when I was riding downhill but the bike hardly got damaged at all... I thought that it would at least break something but nope. Really nice quality.

5. rabiyajamal45

rabiyajamal45 New Member

6. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

I still have my old GT Silver Wing BMX bike and she's still shiny. But I really can't use it to roam around the city anymore haha I get a lot of stares from people. I now have several mountain bikes a very old huffy, a gt and my fave a newly assembled GTS. IMG_20180322_182042.jpg IMG_20180322_182016.jpg

7. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

I recently sold my 5 year old GT MTB for some extra spending money for the Holy Week. I had a good times riding it. I just sold it the other day for $275, wish I sold it at a higher price.
    Screenshot_20180322-184425.png

#27 Kakashi, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  8. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

Here's my new GTS and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. It's more comfortable for me and I've modified it to my body so its perfect for my built. IMG_20180325_231434_200.jpg

9. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

I got a new one, actually I just bought it today from a Friend who needs money and he was lucky that I still haven't spend the money that came from the sale of my old GT which I sold recently for $275 now I bought another GT Chucker 3.0 in very good condition for only $200. I'm happy because I was able to get a better bike than my old GT plus I got a profit of $75. IMG_20180411_171959.jpg IMG_20180411_172039.jpg IMG_20180411_172023.jpg

10. DenisP

DenisP Member

You definitely don't see too many adults on BMXs, so I'd certainly agree that they're far more popular among younger people. At 25 years old, I'm not exactly a youngster myself anymore. That being said, I'm still a fan of BMX bikes because they were very popular while I was growing up in the 90's. My parents never bought me one, but now that I have my own income I decided to pick one up just to fulfill that childhood desire.

I take it for a spin every now and again, but overall I prefer my mountain bike as it is a more comfortable riding experience. My BMX is for attempting tricks that ultimately result in both a bruised tailbone and ego.

11. BRITANY

BRITANY New Member

The mountain bike trails I ride are fire roads in the local mtns so nothing technical. But I could never make it up on a BMX. The roads are steep, 10-20% max grades for some good long sections so I need gears.

If I ever put mountain biking before road biking,

12. BRITANY

BRITANY New Member

My mountain bike is the only bike I can speak of although it is not really branded since I bought it in a cheap store. I don't invest much in bikes because it is only a hobby for me. And I don't believe in buying expensive bikes unless I would be serious in my riding. For my regular use of the bike, I only ride about once or twice a week because my work schedule has been hectic for the past 10 years or so. I only could bike often when I was younger, not because I was stronger but because I had more time to spare.