What kind of bike should you use in a duathlon where the riding is easy?

novice

Guest
the biking is mostly on roads or on pretty easy trails with not many
roots. my bike wheel is 2 inches wide and 26 inches diameter. im
guessing that people with thinner and bigger wheels are going to have a
big advantage.

novice wrote:
> the biking is mostly on roads or on pretty easy trails with not many
> roots. my bike wheel is 2 inches wide and 26 inches diameter. im
> guessing that people with thinner and bigger wheels are going to have a
> big advantage.

What does an octagenarian and the answer to your question have in
common?

/s

Per novice:
>the biking is mostly on roads or on pretty easy trails with not many
>roots. my bike wheel is 2 inches wide and 26 inches diameter. im
>guessing that people with thinner and bigger wheels are going to have a
>big advantage.

Depends on the trails. "Pretty easy" and "not many roots" don't cover things
like gravel/sand that a wider tire will float over. I'd agree that there's
potential for the surface being faster on skinnier/higher-pressure tires; but
it's not a sure thing by any means.
--
PeteCresswell

novice wrote:
> the biking is mostly on roads or on pretty easy trails with not many
> roots. my bike wheel is 2 inches wide and 26 inches diameter. im
> guessing that people with thinner and bigger wheels are going to have a
> big advantage.

I recommend Magna, NEXT, or Roadmaster frames, especially the too fast,
too Mt. Fury (ous) model.