What kind of brakes are these?

Lou Holtman wrote:

> Magura HS33 or 11 hydraulic rimbrakes.

Yep- I've got a set in my "odd parts" bin. Neon green, though.

Jeff

A Muzi wrote:
<snip>
> Original Magura hydraulic.
> Fit standard cantilever posts. The quick release was 'optional' but
> very necessary to change wheels
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> www.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I'm not sure I follow (I have a "spare" quick release as I didn't see
the point of it when I fitted HS33s) - if there is enough gap for the
rim to rotate then there is enough gap to remove the wheel, or so I
have always found - ah, I see, you mean remove the wheel without
deflating the tyre.

Oh well. A shame to waste the typing so I'll post it anyway, someone
else might be puzzled too.

Andrew W