What kind of cake do you like?

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by carvercasey, Jan 27, 2010.

1. carvercasey

carvercasey New Member

I like Devil food cake with vanilla ice cream!!

What about You?

Tags:
    DwayneEi, dianahv18 and haleylx4 like this.

2. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Ahhh, now here's a thread I can really sink my teeth into!:p

There's a restaurant chain up here in the White North called White Spot and they do this 7 layer triple chocolate cake. Gotta have mine with double scoops of vanilla as well. Just so your sugar overload is complete, they also put a couple scoops of whipped cream on the side and drizzle the whole production with chocolate sauce.

This cake singlehandedly keeps me up near the Clydesdale zone:D - well, the cake and Thai food.

3. cyberlegend1994

cyberlegend1994 Moderator

The King Richard's Faire in Carver MA, which runs every fall from Labor Day weekend through a week or two before Halloween, has a dessert called a Chocolate Fantasy - a 4-layer chocolate cake with layers of rich chocolate frosting in between - any chocoholic's dream...

4. dangerousbiker

dangerousbiker New Member

any chocolate cake i'm not choosy

5. lovesbmw

lovesbmw New Member

I like chocolate with a melted chocolate middle layer and then a load of icing on top. Also,French Vanilla cake topped with pineapple and strawberrys and whipped cream.

6. iori

iori New Member

I like black forest cake because i really like chocolate...I love the chocolates around the black forest cake...And the cherry on top of it...

7. dreamwaves

dreamwaves New Member

I like chocolate gatter cake with Chery.....[​IMG]

8. JohnSmith1

JohnSmith1 New Member

Hi,I like pine apple cake with cherry.

9. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

In addition to White Spot, if you're ever in the lower mainland of British Columbia and enjoy all things chocolate, I suggest you stop by a Cactus Club restaurant and have their Chocolate Lava cake chased with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. It gets 2 thumbs up!

10. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

Frisch's Chocolate Fudge Cake. I have to ride twenty minutes on the trainer for just thinking of it.

11. BeccaRose1

BeccaRose1 New Member

If there is cake . . . I"m totally there! I love cake to the nine yards. Actually my favorite version of cake is to make a cake in a mug. It's super easy, and fast. This way I don't have a ton of cake just lying around waiting to be eaten, but I just get one serving, which is enough to take care of the craving. I love cake from the store with that whipped cream frosting. Whenever it's my birthday, my mom will buy it for me. It doesn't last very long!

12. OGRICHBOI

OGRICHBOI New Member

Yum, a food thread! My favorite type of cake is probably red velvet. Something about a cake dressed in white icing is just music to my eyes (if that makes sense :) ). Also, the velvet color is just absolutely beautiful on a cake. I make sure to always enjoy every bite if I ever get my hands on a red velvet cake.

13. goldenmaine

goldenmaine New Member

My favorite cake is cheesecake. It tastes so yummy and full of cream and cheese and those sweet fruity toppings on top. I usually feel guilty after eating because of how difficult it is to burn the calories but they just taste so good I have to give in to the craving.

14. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

Believe me or not, I don't really like eating cakes, but when I do it's usually apple crumble or cider. I really enjoy those two cakes. :D

15. p4lse

p4lse New Member

Reading this thread makes my mouth watery. I love getting my hands on butterscotch cake with a little bit of chocalte syrup. It just melts in my mouth especially after a long ride.

16. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Member

I'm also not a huge fan of cakes but it kind of depends on preference. I associate cake with frosting (which I loathe). So, I suppose a nice naked mud cake might be the way to go.

17. shilpa123

shilpa123 New Member

I usually love chocolate cake. They are the best cake and quite tasty. I do not think there is any other cake that match it.

18. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

I rarely eat cake but when I do I always have some strawberry short cake. Sometimes I also have Boston cream pie cake but that's a rare variety that doesn't come out often. It is very scrumptious!

19. carlymarley

carlymarley New Member

Mmm I love ice cream cake and pretty much any cake in general, especially homemade. I am not a fan of cheesecake though, I may be one of the only people who feel that way. I think I may be a bigger fan of pies than cakes. Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, key lime pie! I would prefer any of those in a heartbeat.

20. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I was all prepared to scroll down here and say "chocolate, with chocolate Icing". But then I caught of your post and I realized "yes! Ice cream cake".