What kind of cleats for these pedals?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Guaps, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Guaps

Guaps New Member

I just bought this used bike for my wife. It came with a pair of Look pedals on it. I bought a pair of Keo cleats, but they don't fit. Any idea what cleats these would take? I'm not sure if these take Delta cleats or if there is some other kind out there.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks!!

Tags:

2. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

Hmmm, I can't see your photobucket link on your post, but it's there when I reply... weird...anyway, Look only make 2 types of road pedals...if the keo cleats don't fit...it's the other one!...they come in different colours, red, grey & black...these signify the 'float' or lateral movement that they will allow before unclipping. If your wife is an inexperienced rider, I'd be recommending 'red' which gives the most movement & you don't have to have the position exactly right to avoid knee issues, like you might with 'black' which have no float at all.

3. Peter@vecchios

[email protected] New Member

Called Look 'Delta' cleats. Float(red) or no float(black). Any decent bike shop should have them.

4. Sikhandar

Sikhandar New Member

Precisely, these pedal are for the Look Delta. They also exist in grey (small floating), though quite rare since "the new standard" is the Keo one (I, and some biomechanic friend of mine, really think that delta are much superior to keo...)

5. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

rare???...you're kidding...there's only about 4 Gazillion people still riding them....any bike shop that does 'road' stuff will have them

6. Guaps

Guaps New Member

Perfect, thanks!!!

7. Sikhandar

Sikhandar New Member

Hitchy, I'm not british or american, though I think that in my post it was quite evident that I was referring to the rarity of grey Delta cleats :eek:

8. Peter@vecchios

[email protected] New Member

I love your picture over there<- next to your name..good on ya!!