What kind of energy bar do you eat?

Cliff bars all the way. Especially like the Carrot Cake flavor! Although, a nutri grain bar is not bad from time to time.

Energy bars? Energy bars?

I made my own energy bar as soon I got home from school - I'd hack off a door-step of bread (an inch-and-a-half thick was ideal), smear margarine on it, eat it as I ditched my school uniform for street clothes, then off to do my paper round.

That finished, I'd go home, put on my cycling shoes (posing clothes were unknown then) and hammer out 25-30 miles. By the time I got home Mum was in from work, so I'd peel the spuds, she'd cook the family meal and we'd all sit and eat. After that it was homework - 2+ hours - then bed.

Energyy bars? No such thing - but then we are talking about the late 1940s, when sugar and sweets were still on ration in the U.K.
:)
John.
P.S. The bread was the real stuff, with a crust, baked fresh that day by our local baker - none of your steam-cooked pap.

concord said:
Marathon Bars by Snickers, I used to use Powerbar but they were way too chewy. I have used Tiger's Milk for the last three years and about three months ago I found the Marathon bar and it looked good so I tried it. Yum yum. Now I use Tiger's Milk only as a back-up. ;)

I think the Marathon taste so good because they're pretty much candy. Lot's of fat, lots of sodium. Regular Snickers may be just as good. Cost less...

You're right on about Powerbars. Way too chewy for riding and trying to breathe.

tfstrum said:
I think the Marathon taste so good because they're pretty much candy. Lot's of fat, lots of sodium. Regular Snickers may be just as good. Cost less...

You're right on about Powerbars. Way too chewy for riding and trying to breathe.

Hadn't thought of it like that, but I think you may be right. Eating a Snickers bar while watching a movie and a Marathon bar on a bike ride. One is just as good as the other I suppose as long as the calories are burned up and not stored away.