What kind of fork do you have

Cannondale Lefty ELO Titanium (100mm travel)

I really have no idea about the various shock brands and their product ranges.. is there a clear cut advantage that one brand has over another for a particular condition or riding style, or is it more a Shimano vs Campy type thing in that all brands can do most everything very well, and it's more to do with individual preference?

Maybe I should spend a lazy afternoon at work educating myself ;)

I have a Rockshox Psylo, and a Manitou Mars (you have not discovered the meaning of plush until you have ridden this fork)

2004 Marzocchi MX COMP w/ETA. Recommended by a lot of people because of ride and quality.

I have a mantou Black 80to 100 mill. w/ rebound adjustment also
I like it better then my RockShock pilot

Currently have Bomber Bam 3 on a Kona U'HU
and Drop off Triples on a Stinky.

Both came with the bikes but have had no trouble at all.
Have no experience other than Marzzochi but very happy with their products.

Rock Shox Duke XC - not the be all and end all of forks but certainly does it for me!

I've got a Rockshox Psylo. With adj. travel 80mm to 125mm. Its very nice for switching from XC to almost freeride.

the Fox Forx F80/100 X (is that the best model? i think it is anyway..) weighs 1.5kg (about 3.5lbs) SID weighs about 1.2kg (about 2.6lbs) :D

Originally posted by moparchris
the Fox Forx F80/100 X (is that the best model? i think it is anyway..) weighs 1.5kg (about 3.5lbs) SID weighs about 1.2kg (about 2.6lbs) :D

SID is the lightest on the market, BUT it's a race-only fork. if you do epics or aggressive xc, you may find it flexy/noodly. if you stick it on your race mtb, you'll be right.

i'm choosing between a Fox 100RLC or Marzocchi MX Pro ETA. Both are 100mm and have lockout and are good for epics and aggressive xc. and since i don't race, weight is not an issue vs versatility and the plush-factor.

i am leaning toward the Marz as it is such good value!

Manitou Skareb comp 80 mm travel w/lockout. Still new, but I have read bad things about it. Apparently, they tend to crack and fail with HEAVY use. We'll see...