What kind of girl seat for MTB?

Moonseal

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like sitting on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for a girl? Thanks!

Moonseal wrote:
> I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like sitting
> on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for a girl? Thanks!

There usual all female specifics such as terry etc. www.teamestrogen.com has tons, plus a board
where there are pages of seat and crotch discussion .

I've had a gel seat, and I hated the wideness of it, bad for technical riding. I"ve never had the
need to try a female-cut out seat.

Other factors to consider: Is the seat angle correct? Are you wearing padded shorts? Are you wearing
undies under your shorts? ( contriubutes to all sorts of problems) Are you static on your seat, ie
just sitting there and not being dynamic on you bike? YOu should be up and out of your seat a good
portion of the time. I never have seat problems except when I am doing a road ride ( static) on my
mountain bike.

Penny

"Moonseal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like sitting
> on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for a girl? Thanks!

I have to concur with what Penny said (although I am NOT a girl). You will get used to the regular
saddle after a few rides. When I first started mountain biking many years ago, my a$$ killed. I made
the mistake of switching to a gel seat... lost a lot of "feel" with my bike. Tough it out. You won't
regret it.

cg

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> There usual all female specifics such as terry etc. www.teamestrogen.com
has
> tons, plus a board where there are pages of seat and crotch discussion .

Promise?

Bill "today's designated pig" S.

"Moonseal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like sitting
on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for a girl? Thanks!

Plateau is a pretty squish saddle to start with. I've had to start using one as a selle italia
octavia had been causing some (ah hem.. ) problems. It will mould slightly - try heating it up with
a hair dryer or stick it in some warm sun for a while before riding. There is, however, no guarantee
it is the right shape for you and only you can decide what is by trying various different saddles.
There are plenty of articles on the net and different points of view of what you should be looking
for. I would however recommend against gel. Anything that moulds too much will be a problem in that
pressure will cause the gell to move away from your solid bits (sit bones) and possibly cause
pressure in unwanted areas as a result.

good luck nick

Moonseal wrote:

> I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like sitting
> on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for a girl?

Yeah..... My face.

"ClydedaleMTB_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Moonseal wrote:
>
> > I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like
> > sitting on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for
> > a girl?
>
> Yeah..... My face.

John, John, John.

Bill "that really you?" S.

In news:[email protected], Stephen Baker <[email protected]>
scrawled in lipstick:
> Sorni says:
>
>>> Yeah..... My face.
>>
>> John, John, John.
>>
>> Bill "that really you?" S.
>
> Yeah, it probably is him - but you have to remember he's been hanging out on the mean streets for
> a while now. ;-)
>
> Steve

and he's working something like 20 on, 10 off ( days not hours) and commting. Serious deprivation is
getting to him.

Penny

Moonseal <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just bought a Jamis Dakar XC Comp and it comes with a Fizik Plateau seat that feels like sitting
> on a slab of granite. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable gel seat for a girl? Thanks!

Shaun aRe - What? What'd I say?

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Sorni says:
>

>>>Yeah..... My face.
>>John, John, John. Bill "that really you?" S.

Yeah that was me. You might sat I was a bit frazzled

> Yeah, it probably is him - but you have to remember he's been hanging out on the mean streets for
> a while now. ;-)

In a police car no less (the _front_ seat ';-), and I hadn't seen my wife for over 2
months..........

--
John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

> > Sorni says:

> >>John, John, John. Bill "that really you?" S.
>
> Yeah that was me. You might sat I was a bit frazzled

Dr. Freud would be all over this one.

Bill "saddle...face...sat...it's all good" S.