What kind of seats can I mount on my Vintage bike?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by alex6106, Jul 11, 2014.

1. alex6106

alex6106 New Member

I have a Peugeot Carbolite 103, and it has a one-of-a-kind sizing on the seat tube (23.4mm).

The seat post looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Adjust-Seat-Post-23-4mm-For-Your-Vintage-Peugeot-Silver-Hens-Teeth-/271533698297?pt=US_Seatposts&hash=item3f38ab6cf9

It looks different from common seat posts, so I am wondering if that limits the seats I can mount on. Can someone give me an example or a kind of seat that will work with this seat post?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Does your bike currently NOT have a saddle? AFAIK, almost ANY saddle with parallel rails should work with your seatpost ... The rails on an IDEALE or BROOKS/etc. saddle may be spaced about 1mm wider ...
    • That means you may need to manually squeeze them together as you tighten the cradle's clamp.
    BTW. Are you sure that YOUR bike uses a 23.4mm diameter seatpost OR were you just showing that as an illustration? I think that the typical seatpost sizes for French bikes is 25.0mm or 26.2mm . If you are not doiing some sort of restoration AND want a different seatpost, then you can buy a replacement seatposts with a single bolt clamp (eBay, of course) ... MEASURE the size carefully before ordering a replacement!!!