What kind of shifters are these?

Sparrow421

Oct 12, 2014
What kind of shifters ae these and what would be a CHEAP replacement? When i say i cheap i mean i dont care much about shifting gears. If they just work is all that matters. They are 7 speed.

Can you show us some photos of the derailleurs? If they're Shimano, any standard Shimano 3x7 set, trigger or twist-grip, should work. If they're not, you might end up buying derailleurs, too.

New shifters are more expensive than the derailleurs.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat
Can you show us some photos of the derailleurs? If they're Shimano, any standard Shimano 3x7 set, trigger or twist-grip, should work. If they're not, you might end up buying derailleurs, too.

New shifters are more expensive than the derailleurs.
They are shimano altus C10 derailleurs. Only the right shifter is gone but i take it i need to replace both anyways. Like i said i dont give a **** about the quality of the shifters i only need the basic functions to work as i wont use them very often.

Edit: Would these work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Tourney-SL-TX50-Shifter-Set-3x6-or-3x7-Speed-New-/291261823014?pt=US_Shifters&hash=item43d08eb826

Those (the 3x7 version) will work.

Twist-grip shifters would be about $30 a pair, and triggers, a bit more than that. I think you've made the most economical choice.

AND, replacement THUMB SHIFTER sets (with cables) are typically available for under $20 on eBay (direct from the "source") ...

• The right hand thumb shifter can be toggled between friction & indexed mode ...

Because thumb shifters can operate in Friction Mode, future "repair" would be to simply cut a new "friction" washer from a plastic jug ...

OR, if there is truly no interest in shifting with the current shifters, the one can EITHER "lock" the derailleur in place on the preferred Cog OR (presuming the shifter is viable on a few indents) to simply adjust the shifter to work across the limited-but-desired Cog range.