What kind of track frame do you have?

rayner

Nov 1, 2003
Out of curiosity what kind of frame does everyone have? Steel, alloy or something exotic? Custom or off the rack? What colour?

I'm currently on a Sintesi Vulcan road bike ( dont laugh too hard) that I got chopped up and rewelded with different angles and put horizontal dropouts in. Its made from aluminium, is an absolute beast and is the stiffest thing i have ever ridden. Painted it irridescent blue (that bright blue ford one). Hope to here from you all soon.

Columbus Airplane oversized w/espresso BB shell. Custom made with green paintwork. Similar to the green jersey colour. very stiff and light, semi-compact geometry. My pride and joy.

Mine's custom....sort of. I'm currently building a track bike from a 1970s era Ross lugged steel frame. 27" wheels, center-pull brakes, 16-tooth BMX freewheel, 44 tooth chainring and 170mm cranks. More for fun than anything; just wanted to see what I could put together that would run down at the local Velodrome (plus a commute or two). So far I have $10 into the project, and that's for the brand spankin' new bar tape I bought the other day. Rest of the parts were just laying around.

99' KHS flite 100. Steel, orange with coda stem, italmanubri bars, sugino 75 cranks, 535 SPD's. 48-16 gearing
she is a beast!

I didn't realise that there was a similar post to this one. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by rayner
Out of curiosity what kind of frame does everyone have? Steel, alloy or something exotic? Custom or off the rack? What colour?

I'm currently on a Sintesi Vulcan road bike ( dont laugh too hard) that I got chopped up and rewelded with different angles and put horizontal dropouts in. Its made from aluminium, is an absolute beast and is the stiffest thing i have ever ridden. Painted it irridescent blue (that bright blue ford one). Hope to here from you all soon.

Custom Hillbrick Columbus steel (blue) and Cervelo P2T alu. (white)