What made you feel good today?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by ejglows, Aug 18, 2004.

1. ejglows

ejglows New Member

Today as I was riding a Bad ASS lotus pulled up beside me. He obviously wanted to race...and yeah, I lost...BUT (oh BUT!) It felt pretty damn good to know that I am more efficient than even the best car.

What made you feel good riding today?

e

Tags:

2. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

i bought a CD on ebay today for 2 quid...that made me feel good...

oohh...you mean in a cycling context right?

i havent been on the bike today...the only bike related thing i have done today is talk to you nerds...

3. Brunswick_kate

Brunswick_kate New Member

Yeah, but we're special..............

Crossing the pedestrian bridge, just after dawn, had a chance to stop and watch the high performance rowing crews strut their stuff. They are so beautiful to watch. You never see this stuff if you're commuting by car.

4. meehs

meehs New Member

Averaging 21 mph on my commute home from work (yesterday)! :)

5. zapper

zapper Banned

Not being caught by the two dogs (who reside at the same house)that wait for me and give chase every morning :) One of these days, I just know they will fool me....

6. danielwilgocki

danielwilgocki New Member

Well, yesterday it was sitting on the front of the line longer than I normally do. :)

7. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

On the group ride last nite, I felt like crap to start and hadnt had but 4 hours or so sleep the night before. A rider went down early (unhurt thankfully), the group split and I ended up pulling the 2nd group for the better part of the 30miles. Average speed was still 19 mph and only one other rider had the strength to help me pull.

8. tanggoman

tanggoman New Member

I finally got my Giant TCR Team ONCE carbon fiber frameset. Sweet!!! :D

9. JTEK

JTEK New Member

absolutely nothing... today was a bad day for riding for me :(

10. Brunswick_kate

Why the long face JTEK?

11. JTEK

JTEK New Member

I dunno, it was just really hot out today. Hotter than usual and I left at my normal time... I wish I had something cool to look at while I ride like you have your rowers... I have like.. miles and miles of dirt

12. meehs

meehs New Member

Well, we all have our bad days. Your next ride will be better. Maybe you could keep your eyes open for lizards, snakes, and other desert wildlife for something cool to look at? :rolleyes:

13. JTEK

JTEK New Member

Yeah, I see lots of lizards and rabbits. Also the birds here have like half a brain. When you're driving in your car they swoop down and land like RIGHT infront of your car! It's SO annoying. I thought it was only on the roads, but while ridin my bike they land in front of me too!

Btw, you just hit you 666 post mark :eek:

14. meehs

meehs New Member

Hahaha! Good thing I made another post right after that one to get rid of the "evil" number. Jeez that's a lot of posts! Can you tell how busy I am at work? :eek:

Incidently, the birds are really stupid like that here too so maybe it's not just an Arizona phenomenon?

15. JTEK

JTEK New Member

Wow, I just thought it was the az heat that fried their brains hahaha

16. Brunswick_kate

Yeah, they are bliss to watch. It's my little 15 second "me break" on the ride in, just standing on the bridge watching them go. It looked so peaceful and serene that I decided to join the local rowing club this spring. Hard to believe but it's actually more fun than cycling.

17. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam New Member

What made me feel good today?? Same as yesterday. 35 miles through the Northern California wine country, a hot shower and a banana, a cold beer waiting for me when I got home (it's 98' here today)...and my dogs laying at my feet
    Too bad I ahve to go back to work on Friday...nobody's offering to pay for me to ride and drink beer yet:)
    Cheers

18. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Got wind of another lawsuit I will have to handle for the company I work for,the transmission shop called and said my cars transmission is shot I need a new one,fixed a flat on my hardtail. What made me feel good??tommrow I ride the hills and valleys of East Tennessee on my bike. That thought made me feel good and in 10 mins. at 8 pm I am going home.
    PS I have had better weeks that this one.

19. baseballbert

baseballbert New Member

My wife's smile, my stupid cats who only love us when we have food or their brush, torturing my clients at work is always fun, and as always, a good cup of coffee!:D

20. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

The -2- hour road ride that came right on the heels of the -2.5- hour off road ride.:D