What Makes ARBR's TROLL Tic?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by LoGo USA, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. LoGo USA

    LoGo USA Guest

    Hey guys -

    I've got BIG NEWS - the latest word,
    A red hot rumor! Have you heard?:
    The TROLL, revolting and reviled,
    Is JOE McCARTHY'S BASTARD CHILD!

    No, no, I'm kidding, which you knew,
    But someone wonders if it's true...
    'Cause that's how innuendo works -
    A sleazy tool for lowlife jerks
    Who lack integrity (and wits).
    With baseless charges, hypocrites,
    Ashamed, shot down by interaction,
    Try innunendo as distraction.

    The TROLL, in hopes that by repeating
    His lies they might seem true, keeps bleating.
    He's called me librul, homo, nerd,
    A dwarf and one archaic word
    He dredged up, lacking provocation,
    A term suggesting masturbation.
    Which tells us what? One muddled head,
    The TROLL himself, just late night, said:

    >Those who bring up this subject are heavily into
    >it themselves. You stand condemned out of your
    >own foul and filthy mouth.

    If that's a fact, then folks, he lied
    When he quite eagerly denied
    That he indulged in self-abuse -
    No weasel word, no lame excuse
    Refutes a simple basic fact.
    It's black and white; it's not abstract.
    But here's the way out for this TROLL:
    His memory is one big hole.

    "I don't recall those words," he'll smirk,
    Full knowing that won't really work.
    (That dog won't hunt; that horse ain't breathin'.)
    He rants and raves, irate and seethin',
    If somone gives him archive links;
    The TROLL avers that research stinks,
    Or he might get a worm or virus.
    His lame evasions truly tire us.

    Or he may try the pity ploy:
    He's been attacked; he has no joy
    Because some vandal used his name.
    But six months later he would claim
    Those posts when his 'Milestone' was 'met'.
    I pinged him, but he hasn't yet
    Replied - another trick he tries,
    But which, of course, the TROLL denies:

    >A true troll will NEVER be responsive
    >whereas I am ALWAYS responsive.

    The TROLL dips in his sleaze-filled bag
    For that one or another gag.
    We've seen his stunts on this newsgroup;
    One never knows how low he'll stoop.
    He's tried 'em all, not once or twice,
    But many times. He might act nice
    Like some small dog in someone's lap,
    Till you reach out, and then he'll snap!

    As Jeff Grippe wrote:

    >[The TROLL] can't "be nice". [He] can "act nice"
    >for short stretches but that isn't the same thing.
    >Basically at [his] core [he is] nasty.

    Or he might use his 'I HATE [BLANK]!'
    Where [BLANK] is anything the crank
    Can find he thinks that he can use -
    Top posting, beards or New York Jews -
    To fill the gap that's left behind
    As hands outrun his dull, slow mind.
    He'll play this single issue card
    Until it's dead, still flogging hard...

    He'll act as though he truly cares
    How people post, that facial hair's
    A clue to someone's crucial flaw;
    At others' protests, he'll guffaw...
    The TROLL has sworn (a time or two):

    >I say what I believe [is] true...

    Exaggerations are just lies,
    Deceit, false accusations, guys.

    This TROLL throws words as if they're stones;
    When they're thrown back, he whines and moans,
    'Cause he's exposed, his house of glass
    In shattered pieces. He can't pass
    This basic test of selfish greed:
    Does anybody want to read
    The words that he's about to write
    As he's mistyping late each night?

    He doesn't know; he doesn't care.
    HIS EGO aches to see them there
    On ARBR; why not some newsgroup
    Where mindless monkeys howl and whoop?
    Is it because here he's unique?
    He stands alone... but he's a freak.
    Browse ARBR; see the callous cad,
    Archived in infamy - how sad!

    His foolish errors, dumb mistakes,
    His spiteful spirit, blatant fakes,
    His phony claims of high IQ,
    Linguistic skill and fine arts, too -
    Recorded, with his hateful bile,
    His cursing, plus atop the pile
    His claim to be a "good TROLL". RI-I-I-GHT...
    Once he's long gone and out of sight!

    Unless he's GONE (not 'going') soon,
    This TROLL could use a diff'rent tune.
    Though I won't write a song for him,
    Here's one for Slugger, Jeff and Jim.
    (The lyrics have been plagiarized,
    Adapted, altered and revised.)
    This orn'ry wordsmith LoGo fellow
    Suggests a song that we might bellow:

    CAROL OF THE TROLL

    We've seen the TROLL day after day
    His too familiar themes replay.
    He'll bleat and bleat; the words repeat:
    Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.

    Week after week the same old tune;
    He swears that he'll be leaving soon,
    But we'll get bored and want restored:
    Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.

    He bellows on, though 'bent folk weep,
    All night when he should be asleep.
    He guzzles wine, mistypes a line:
    Disco dance rife, wed Bill, no tykes.

    Some bow their heads in deep despair;
    Month after month the TROLL's still there.
    His hate is strong; his mocking song:
    Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.

    We hope the day at last will come,
    When forums for recumbentdom
    Can get along without his song:
    Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.

    When he'll go tromping on his way,
    And ARBR goes from night to day,
    As voices chime new songs sublime
    Of peace and fun, good will - and BIKES!

    Regards,
    Wayne

    Tags:

  2. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey guys -
    >
    > I've got BIG NEWS - the latest word,
    > A red hot rumor! Have you heard?:
    > The TROLL, revolting and reviled,
    > Is JOE McCARTHY'S BASTARD CHILD!

    [...]

    Bastardization has to do with sex, so LoGo is right on topic as usual.

    Please get on to your favorite subjects right away. There is no sense in
    beating about the bush. We know you only want to talk about excretion and
    fornication - so just get to it. No one but no one is reading your jive.
    Hells Bells, I was the only one here who ever read it and you were brainless
    enough to alienate me. That is stupid beyond stupid.
    [...]

    We only want to know what you think of the excretory function and the sexual
    function. Anything else you have to say is beside the point. Try to stay
    exclusively on those two subjects as we know that is where your pea size
    brain is 100% of the time. The poet who sits on a toilet stool shitting and
    masturbating at the same time. That is Wayne LoGo as far as I can determine
    from his posts.

    You might want to see a doctor about you bowel problem and you might want to
    see a sex therapist about your masturbation problem. The rest of us can't
    really be expected to bail you out of the cesspool you have fallen into. You
    a piece of filth beyond compare. Btu this is what happens when you are into
    nothing but ass and fornication.

    Christ, he does not even have sense enough to write something short. I don't
    think even Tom Sherman, who is a donkey of the first order, will want to
    wade through his pile of manure. LoGo has become a total absurdity here on
    ARBR. Well, I tried to help him out but he proved incorrigible. Let him stew
    in his own rectal and genital juices.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  3. Edward Dolan wrote:
    > Christ, he [Wayne Leggett] does not even have sense enough to write something > short....

    Wayne Leggett is Christ? Christ did lecture at enough length for the
    New Testament to be written.

    > I don't
    > think even Tom Sherman, who is a donkey of the first order, will want to
    > wade through his [Wayne Leggett] pile of manure....

    Wayne Leggett is almost a great of writer as G. Daniels [1] is.

    [1] Mr. Daniels' deliberate misuse of the English language is simply
    brilliant.
    --
    Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

  4. Slugger

    Slugger Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
> [...]

    > His too familiar themes replay.
    > He'll bleat and bleat; the words repeat:
    > Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.
    >
    > Week after week the same old tune;
    > He swears that he'll be leaving soon,
    > But we'll get bored and want restored:
    > Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.
    >
    > He bellows on, though 'bent folk weep,
    > All night when he should be asleep.
    > He guzzles wine, mistypes a line:
    > Disco dance rife, wed Bill, no tykes.
    >
    > Some bow their heads in deep despair;
    > Month after month the TROLL's still there.
    > His hate is strong; his mocking song:
    > Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.
    >
    > We hope the day at last will come,
    > When forums for recumbentdom
    > Can get along without his song:
    > Discord and strife, bad will, no bikes.
    >
    > When he'll go tromping on his way,
    > And ARBR goes from night to day,
    > As voices chime new songs sublime
    > Of peace and fun, good will - and BIKES!

    Thats a catchy song Wayne.
    What do you think ed? *rollseyes*

  5. LoGo USA

    LoGo USA Guest

    Hi guys (and bye guys) -

    I'm gonna toss the TROLL a bone,
    Herewith the poopy poet's gone -
    Not 'going soon' or 'leaving, but...'
    I'm outahere; the door is shut.
    Please don't expect the TROLL to follow;
    His farewells ring a little hollow.

    For those who'd like a longer version,
    And who don't share the TROLL's aversion
    To links submitted with a post,
    Please click. I think you'll find at most
    Another browser window open -
    No cookies, worms or spyware gropin'.

    http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbr.htm

    This link will last for one fortnight,
    Then all the TROLL rhymes leave my site.
    The task I'd hoped to do's not done,
    But still... I hope you had some fun.

    Regards,
    Wayne

  6. LoGo USA

    LoGo USA Guest

    Hi guys (and bye guys) -

    I'm gonna toss the TROLL a bone,
    Herewith the poopy poet's gone -
    Not 'going soon' or 'leaving, but...'
    I'm outahere; the door is shut.
    Please don't expect the TROLL to follow;
    His farewells ring a little hollow.

    For those who'd like a longer version,
    And who don't share the TROLL's aversion
    To links submitted with a post,
    Please click. I think you'll find at most
    Another browser window open -
    No cookies, worms or spyware gropin'.

    http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbr.htm

    This link will last for one fortnight,
    Then all the TROLL rhymes leave my site.
    The task I'd hoped to do's not done,
    But still... I hope you had some fun.

    Regards,
    Wayne

  7. Mike Rice

    Mike Rice Guest

    So long Wayne, I do hope you'll occasionally reconsider.

    I enjoyed your run here, futile as it may have been. Even read one of
    your efforts to friends not into the arbr scene. Do you still have the
    one with the line mentioning 'red face, brown feet'? And if so would
    you add it to the temporary page, please?

    Your most recent efforts seem to have resonated rather strongly with
    Mr. E, judging by his one track spewage in his follow-ups to your
    efforts. And yes, I realize that stirring him up wasn't your real
    intent (at least not at first). Unfortunately stirring him up seems to
    be the most likely outcome of any effort to get some semblance of
    reasonable behavior out of the famous Mr. E.

    Wayne if you do leave you will be missed more than the non- vanishing
    behemoth you leave behind (were he ever to keep his promise/threat of
    showing just how bad a newsgroup can be without his august *cough*
    presence).

    Thaks for the verses, and the link to the others.

    Indiana Mike

    On 14 Sep 2005 10:36:55 -0700, "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi guys (and bye guys) -
    >
    >I'm gonna toss the TROLL a bone,
    >Herewith the poopy poet's gone -
    >Not 'going soon' or 'leaving, but...'
    >I'm outahere; the door is shut.
    >Please don't expect the TROLL to follow;
    >His farewells ring a little hollow.
    >
    >For those who'd like a longer version,
    >And who don't share the TROLL's aversion
    >To links submitted with a post,
    >Please click. I think you'll find at most
    >Another browser window open -
    >No cookies, worms or spyware gropin'.
    >
    > http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbr.htm
    >
    >This link will last for one fortnight,
    >Then all the TROLL rhymes leave my site.
    >The task I'd hoped to do's not done,
    >But still... I hope you had some fun.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Wayne

  8. LoGo USA

    LoGo USA Guest

    Hey guys -

    Mike wrote:

    >I enjoyed your run here. [If] you still have the [poem]
    >with the line mentioning 'red face, brown feet' ... add
    >it to the temporary page, please?

    Thanks! There is now an HTML version at:

    http://www.logo-us.com/pow/chaff.htm

    If anyone else wants to make a personal reply or request
    any others of those snippy snippets, it might be more
    efficient and less irritating to some members of the
    group if you send me a personal email. The address is,
    of course, all over my website and repeated below in two
    forms, one of which should be readable in whatever form
    you view ARBR postings:

    [email protected] or wayne at logo-us dot com

    The character between 'logo' and 'us' is a hyphen (short
    dash), usually the key just to the right of the 0 (ZERO)
    key on a US alpha keyboard.

    I'm happy to try to provide whatever you'd like, if you
    can describe it well enough for me to dig it out, in
    either plain text (ASCII), rich text format (RTF) or
    HTML.

    Regards,
    Wayne

  9. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > So long Wayne, I do hope you'll occasionally reconsider.
    >
    > I enjoyed your run here, futile as it may have been. Even read one of
    > your efforts to friends not into the arbr scene. Do you still have the
    > one with the line mentioning 'red face, brown feet'? And if so would
    > you add it to the temporary page, please?
    >
    > Your most recent efforts seem to have resonated rather strongly with
    > Mr. E, judging by his one track spewage in his follow-ups to your
    > efforts. And yes, I realize that stirring him up wasn't your real
    > intent (at least not at first). Unfortunately stirring him up seems to
    > be the most likely outcome of any effort to get some semblance of
    > reasonable behavior out of the famous Mr. E.

    [...]

    There is no point in being civilized with a foul mouth filthy minded piece
    of human scum who goes on and on about shit and cum. I will take the X-rated
    Jim and Slugger approach and be a barbarian myself. It is less effort and is
    universally understood, even by the likes of a scurrilous wordsmith like
    Wayne Leggett. I told him repeatedly to lay off the allusions to excrement
    and sex but to no avail. He is into filth the same way that X-rated Jim and
    Slugger are. But a half-ass educated piece of filth is a hundred times worse
    than simpletons like them.

    I know his type well. They used to hang out near any large university campus
    back in the 60's. They would sprawl on the sidewalk in such a way that you
    had to step over them to get around them. I always regarded them as filthy
    scum and less than human. I think they would maybe take a course or two in
    the arts, but they would never see anything through to graduation. Mostly
    they just liked to hang out and think themselves superior to everyone else.
    Can you imagine these societal rejects having the gall to think themselves
    superior to Ed Dolan the Great? Perish the thought!

    These beatnik poets (hippies and yuppies) ruined the good times that would
    otherwise have prevailed back in the 60's except for their loathsome
    presence. I have always hated them and I have always been right about them.
    Their brains are permanently mired in their testicles. They always looked
    filthy and they always acted filthy. Very many of them came to an early
    death and I rejoiced at each and everyone of their deaths. Good riddance to
    bad rubbish! It would have been better if they had never been born.

    Furthermore, it is a pain in the ass to have to read verse when everything
    else that is done on this newsgroup is on the level of common everyday
    written prose. Truth to tell, no one enjoys reading verse and most have
    sense enough not to bother with it. If Wayne Leggett has anything to say to
    this group, he can say it the way the rest of us say it - or he can go to
    Hell for all I care. Great Saints like myself are put here on this earth to
    tell it like it is.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  10. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Slugger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:130920052111070802%[email protected]
    [...]
    > Thats a catchy song Wayne.
    > What do you think ed? *rollseyes*

    I didn't get to the song part Slugger, because I couldn't get pass all the
    allusions to shit and cum. But that sure never stops you, does it?

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  11. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi guys (and bye guys) -
    >
    > I'm gonna toss the TROLL a bone,
    > Herewith the poopy poet's gone -
    > Not 'going soon' or 'leaving, but...'
    > I'm outahere; the door is shut.
    > Please don't expect the TROLL to follow;
    > His farewells ring a little hollow.
    >
    > For those who'd like a longer version,
    > And who don't share the TROLL's aversion
    > To links submitted with a post,
    > Please click. I think you'll find at most
    > Another browser window open -
    > No cookies, worms or spyware gropin'.
    >
    > http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbr.htm
    >
    > This link will last for one fortnight,
    > Then all the TROLL rhymes leave my site.
    > The task I'd hoped to do's not done,
    > But still... I hope you had some fun.

    Wow, not a single allusion to shit and cum (except for "poopy poet"). How
    can this be when his many other verses are just full of it? I can only
    conclude that the above was not written by Wayne Leggett at all, but rather
    by an impostor. The real Wayne Leggett could never write more than a stanza
    without getting heavily into shit and cum.

    But in any event, Wayne Leggett, the Poet of Shit and Cum, will never be
    missed on this newsgroup. Truth be told, it is a pain in the ass to read
    verse when everyone else is writing simple prose. Those who do this sort of
    thing are onanists, who do not want to communicate nor to receive
    communication. They are only into themselves.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  12. gotbent

    gotbent Guest

    Too bad you couldn't spend more time writing about the cool trikes you sell
    than making creative doggerell (sp?) about good old Eddy the crabby.
    "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey guys -
    >
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    >>I enjoyed your run here. [If] you still have the [poem]
    >>with the line mentioning 'red face, brown feet' ... add
    >>it to the temporary page, please?

    > Thanks! There is now an HTML version at:
    >
    > http://www.logo-us.com/pow/chaff.htm
    >
    > If anyone else wants to make a personal reply or request
    > any others of those snippy snippets, it might be more
    > efficient and less irritating to some members of the
    > group if you send me a personal email. The address is,
    > of course, all over my website and repeated below in two
    > forms, one of which should be readable in whatever form
    > you view ARBR postings:
    >
    > [email protected] or wayne at logo-us dot com
    >
    > The character between 'logo' and 'us' is a hyphen (short
    > dash), usually the key just to the right of the 0 (ZERO)
    > key on a US alpha keyboard.
    >
    > I'm happy to try to provide whatever you'd like, if you
    > can describe it well enough for me to dig it out, in
    > either plain text (ASCII), rich text format (RTF) or
    > HTML.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Wayne

  13. LoGo USA

    LoGo USA Guest

    Hey -

    Responding to gotbent's statement:

    >Too bad you couldn't spend more time writing about
    >the cool trikes you sell than [peevish poetry].

    Of course, this forum is primarily for bikes rather than
    trikes, and also recognizing that I am in the business,
    I rarely initiate any thread or input that might be
    considered sales propaganda. However, I have tried
    to be responsive to any threads where I felt I had
    something to contribute. Post poetry, I will still
    participate in trike related discussions, particularly
    those where someone is looking for accurate technical
    information, or where any reasonable poster makes
    comments that I feel should be better explained,
    expanded or even disputed.

    Most of my posts to ARBR in the future are likely to
    be made as somewhat of a spokesperson for our local
    recumbent cycling group. But... I LOVE to discuss
    trikes in any appropriate venue, and that isn't very
    likely to change anytime soon!!

    Regards,
    Wayne

  14. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey -
    >
    > Responding to gotbent's statement:

    There is no reason to state who you are responding to if you would post
    correctly. But HEY, is it OK if the rest of us read what you have written or
    are you too exclusive for that?

    Here is what gotbent wrote:

    Too bad you couldn't spend more time writing about the cool trikes you sell
    than making creative doggerell (sp?) about good old Eddy the crabby.

    The rest of us do not appreciate cretins who alter someone else's message
    for any purpose whatsoever. Who the hell does this Wayne Leggett think he
    is? Only scoundrels and knaves do that sort of thing. Even I, Ed Dolan the
    Great, do not do this although I could easily correct and improve on
    everyone's message. I let others say what they want to say in their own
    words. That is because I am honorable besides being Great.

    Ed, if I do say so myself, you are just too GOOD for this group! Yea, I am
    Ed Dolan the Good!

    > Of course, this forum is primarily for bikes rather than
    > trikes, and also recognizing that I am in the business,
    > I rarely initiate any thread or input that might be
    > considered sales propaganda.

    This freaking forum known as ARBR is as much about recumbent trikes as it is
    about recumbent bikes. Try to get your head screwed on straight, why don't
    you?

    However, I have tried
    > to be responsive to any threads where I felt I had
    > something to contribute. Post poetry, I will still
    > participate in trike related discussions, particularly
    > those where someone is looking for accurate technical
    > information, or where any reasonable poster makes
    > comments that I feel should be better explained,
    > expanded or even disputed.
    >
    > Most of my posts to ARBR in the future are likely to
    > be made as somewhat of a spokesperson for our local
    > recumbent cycling group. But... I LOVE to discuss
    > trikes in any appropriate venue, and that isn't very
    > likely to change anytime soon!!

    Yes, forget your freaking poetry since you can't stay off the subjects of
    shit and cum for more than a few stanzas. No one enjoys reading your verse
    anyway, which, if you weren't such an idiot, you would know.

    --
    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  15. Slugger

    Slugger Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Edward Dolan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Hi guys (and bye guys) -
    > >
    > > I'm gonna toss the TROLL a bone,
    > > Herewith the poopy poet's gone -
    > > Not 'going soon' or 'leaving, but...'
    > > I'm outahere; the door is shut.
    > > Please don't expect the TROLL to follow;
    > > His farewells ring a little hollow.
    > >
    > > For those who'd like a longer version,
    > > And who don't share the TROLL's aversion
    > > To links submitted with a post,
    > > Please click. I think you'll find at most
    > > Another browser window open -
    > > No cookies, worms or spyware gropin'.
    > >
    > > http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbr.htm
    > >
    > > This link will last for one fortnight,
    > > Then all the TROLL rhymes leave my site.
    > > The task I'd hoped to do's not done,
    > > But still... I hope you had some fun.

    > Wow, not a single allusion to shit and cum (except for "poopy poet"). How
    > can this be when his many other verses are just full of it? I can only
    > conclude that the above was not written by Wayne Leggett at all, but rather
    > by an impostor. The real Wayne Leggett could never write more than a stanza
    > without getting heavily into shit and cum.

    > But in any event, Wayne Leggett, the Poet of Shit and Cum, will never be
    > missed on this newsgroup...

    Who pissed in your wine champ?

  16. LoGo USA

    LoGo USA Guest

    Hey guys -

    Thanks for the (appropriately private) replies
    about the poems I had posted here at ARBR. If
    anyone else wants another clip, especially after
    this month, and doesn't want to dig through one of
    the archives to find it, again, please ping me and
    I'll try to help.

    I've had two folks ask for the parody of a wild
    west shootout, so I'm posting a link to an updated
    version of that poem with this message. Have fun!

    http://www.logo-us.com/pow/dodge.htm

    NOTE: Folks, please just do your best to ignore
    the profusion of one poster's annoying intrusions
    voicing his delusions about non-existent allusions
    to bodily exclusions in my recent posts. He who
    insists (repeatedly, incessantly, as with virtually
    every other comment he has ever made):

    >... I am ALWAYS [all caps original] responsive...

    has yet to respond to Slugger's week-old question:

    >Who pissed in your wine champ?

    One can only suppose that with (at least some
    vintages of) Liquor Sellers Red Nose varietal,
    (aka jug wine, with "fruit-forward taste"?),
    it must be pretty hard to tell if anyone has.
    Perhaps only a conspicuous consumer would post
    this pompous piece on the 'Urgent Advice' thread:

    >I shall henceforth make it my mission to POUNCE
    >on Tom Sherman for each and every error that he
    >makes posting to ARBR... I was not a Great Reader
    >all my life for nothing.

    I think that last sentence would be much clearer
    if it read: "I am not now nor have I ever been a
    great proofeader - all my life, for anything."
    Apparently the poster completely forgot that
    earlier the same day he had given us these two
    consecutive sentences in the 'Joneses' thread:

    >[YADA YADA] better off then [sic] the common run
    >of men like you and I. Why can't Jeff Grippe be
    >humble like me [MORE YADA YADA]

    Of course, most of us don't really care whether
    it's 'like I' or 'like me'. We'd mostly like this
    to be a forum for recumbent cyclists, not pedantic
    proofreader wannabes or Nitpickers Anonymous. But
    if I can make one exception: The poster I find
    truly aggravating says he is 'great', when clearly
    he means 'grating'.

    Regards,
    Wayne

  17. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > NOTE: Folks, please just do your best to ignore
    > the profusion of one poster's annoying intrusions
    > voicing his delusions about non-existent allusions
    > to bodily exclusions in my recent posts. He who
    > insists (repeatedly, incessantly, as with virtually
    > every other comment he has ever made):
    >
    >>... I am ALWAYS [all caps original] responsive...

    > has yet to respond to Slugger's week-old question:
    >
    >>Who pissed in your wine champ?

    I do not respond ever to total inanity, which is all that Slugger is ever
    into these days. But he was ALWAYS an idiot in any event.

    > One can only suppose that with (at least some
    > vintages of) Liquor Sellers Red Nose varietal,
    > (aka jug wine, with "fruit-forward taste"?),
    > it must be pretty hard to tell if anyone has.
    > Perhaps only a conspicuous consumer would post
    > this pompous piece on the 'Urgent Advice' thread:

    Everyone whom I have ever told about Livingston Cellars Red Rose (I think
    this is a Gallo product) agree with me that it is a superior wine. You can
    get 1 gallon of it for only $10. That should last just about anyone the
    entire day. You really do need such a vino if you are posting to a bunch of
    idiots such as infest a newsgroup like ARBR.

    >>I shall henceforth make it my mission to POUNCE
    >>on Tom Sherman for each and every error that he
    >>makes posting to ARBR... I was not a Great Reader
    >>all my life for nothing.

    > I think that last sentence would be much clearer
    > if it read: "I am not now nor have I ever been a
    > great proofeader - all my life, for anything."
    > Apparently the poster completely forgot that
    > earlier the same day he had given us these two
    > consecutive sentences in the 'Joneses' thread:

    Every message of mine is sui generis. What I have previously said may or may
    not have any relationship to what is presently being said. Elementary, my
    dear Watson!

    If I said things how you say them, I would come across as constipated and
    asinine. That I have no wish to do, so if you don't mind I will continue to
    say things in the Great Ed Dolan way, a style which others can only admire
    from a far but never imitate. Unlike you, I am an original.

    >>[YADA YADA] better off then [sic] the common run
    >>of men like you and I. Why can't Jeff Grippe be
    >>humble like me [MORE YADA YADA]

    "then" is nothing but a typo. I use "then" and "than" thousands of times so
    I must know the difference, don't you think?

    > Of course, most of us don't really care whether
    > it's 'like I' or 'like me'. We'd mostly like this
    > to be a forum for recumbent cyclists, not pedantic
    > proofreader wannabes or Nitpickers Anonymous. But
    > if I can make one exception: The poster I find
    > truly aggravating says he is 'great', when clearly
    > he means 'grating'.

    "Like me" is what I meant to say, and so I said it. If I had meant to say
    "like I", then I would have said it. Jeez! You say things the way you want
    to say them and I will do the same.

    When I say "I", I am referencing my Greater Greatness; when I say "me", I am
    only referencing my Lessor Greatness. But all you ever have to know is my
    Greatness. Whether Greater or Lessor, it is all beyond you and need not
    concern you overly much. My Greatness is for my peers to appreciate who are
    few and far between and there are not any on this newsgroup (let alone you),
    otherwise known as ARBR (Alternate Rejected Bicyclists Retarded).

    --

  18. LoGo USA wrote:
    > ...We'd mostly like this
    > to be a forum for recumbent cyclists, not pedantic
    > proofreader wannabes or Nitpickers Anonymous....

    We will even allow posts about recumbent trikes, even though this is
    alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. ;)
    ^^^^^^^^
    --
    Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
    Blue Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM]

  19. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > LoGo USA wrote:
    >> ...We'd mostly like this
    >> to be a forum for recumbent cyclists, not pedantic
    >> proofreader wannabes or Nitpickers Anonymous....

    > We will even allow posts about recumbent trikes, even though this is
    > alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. ;)
    > ^^^^^^^^
    > --
    > Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
    > Blue Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM]

    Blue Earth is a town not too far from fabled Worthington here on the tall
    grass prairie of southern Minnesota. It was called Blue Earth because the
    soil was so black it appeared blue. The only other area on earth which also
    has extensive soils like this is Ukraine. The soil is called Prairie and
    Chernozem.

    It is not see Naples and die, it is see the soil of Blue Earth and die! I am
    going to be buried under the richest soil mankind has ever known on this
    earth.