What makes Bachetta bicycles slow?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by billgout, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. billgout

    billgout New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2004
    As posted by "Killer BEE" Bachetta rider JS" from

    http://www.sethj.com/monkeyisland

    <quote>

    There are many European recumbents and upright bikes that are faster than any of the bikes in our product line. Team "Killer B" and I recently got our asses handed to us at a race in Texas. I learned a tough lesson that day that no one on the Killer B paceline will ever catch a group of CAT 1/2 racers. There are faster bikes out there than our top of the line TiAero.

    For what its worth Spanky, our product line is faster than most of the recumbents advertised at BROL except the European manufactured lowracers. Unfortunately the consumer novelty has worn off for us Spanky. By next year our tiAero prices will plummet when the market is flooded with used tiAeros that recumbent riders no longer want. We are now focusing on heavy, cheap and slow recumbents to be sold at WalMart.

    If you want to go fast buy a used tiAero Spanky. If you want to go exceptionally fast buy a TREK upright bike or a European lowracer. Those bikes are the fastest bikes ever made.

    JS
    Keep Spinning

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  3. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "billgout" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > As posted by "Killer BEE" Bachetta rider JS" from
    >
    > http://www.sethj.com/monkeyisland
    >
    > <quote>
    >
    > There are many European recumbents and upright bikes that are faster
    > than any of the bikes in our product line. Team "Killer B" and I
    > recently got our asses handed to us at a race in Texas. I learned a
    > tough lesson that day that no one on the Killer B paceline will ever
    > catch a group of CAT 1/2 racers. There are faster bikes out there than
    > our top of the line TiAero.
    >
    > For what its worth Spanky, our product line is faster than most of the
    > recumbents advertised at BROL except the European manufactured
    > lowracers. Unfortunately the consumer novelty has worn off for us
    > Spanky. By next year our tiAero prices will plummet when the market is
    > flooded with used tiAeros that recumbent riders no longer want. We are
    > now focusing on heavy, cheap and slow recumbents to be sold at
    > WalMart.
    >
    > If you want to go fast buy a used tiAero Spanky. If you want to go
    > exceptionally fast buy a TREK upright bike or a European lowracer.
    > Those bikes are the fastest bikes ever made.

    You bet! If you are not out there trying to go as fast as possible on your
    bike, then you are a slacker and should not be riding a bike in the first
    place. Better yet, you should go home and put a bullet through your thick
    head, thereby cleansing the world of your slow ass.

    Hey, if you can't buy whatever it is you think you need at Wal-Mart, then
    you don't need it. Stay away from bike shops. They will want to sell you
    something that you could possibly be fast on if you weren't such a lazy ass
    to begin with. I say go out to Wal-Mart and get a bike there that will suit
    you perfectly. Whatever you do, do not ever buy anything made out of
    titanium and/or labeled Aero. I mean, who do you think you are anyway? Lance
    Armstrong?

    --
    Regards,

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  4. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    I suspect billgout is a troll from Monkey Island, they have a pattern of
    cutting down Bachetta over there

    "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > billgout <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > As posted by "Killer BEE" Bachetta rider JS" from
    > >
    > > http://www.sethj.com/monkeyisland
    > >
    > > <quote>
    > >

    > Huh? So what- Cat 1/2's are pro's and neo-pro's. It's like saying
    > "Why's my station wagon so slow? I got passed by an Indy Car doing 200
    > mph."
    >
    > Big motors beat better bikes- bet on it:
    > http://www.jimlangley.net/ride/easyracers.html
    >
    > Jeff

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mark Leuck top-posted:

    > I suspect billgout is a troll from Monkey Island, they have a pattern of
    > cutting down Bachetta over there[.]

    Who is Bachetta (sic)?

    --
    Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant