What makes my brakes soooo noisy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In message <[email protected]>, David Nutter
<[email protected]> writes
>Mmm, that reminds me. Does anyone have any suggestions for bells and hooters suitable for drop bar
>bikes with already crammed handlebar tops (light, computer, extra reflector etc)? Ideally this
>would be something that screwed in place of a bar-end cap but I'm open to other suggestions.
>Currently my method of warning errant pedestrians of my approach is something like "Oi, you!"
>(politely paraphrased) which isn't massively effective.

Raleigh do little ping bells about 1"ish across which you can usually squeeze onto a tightly packed
handlebar if that helps?

--
Thomas Letherby Remove NOSPAM to reply.

> Raleigh do little ping bells about 1"ish across which you can usually squeeze onto a tightly
> packed handlebar if that helps?

from time to time I forget and try bells again. Occasionally you get a compliment from a ped. but
mostly they no longer recognise the sound or they do the leap sideways and look scared routine . I
think shouting '' good morning,bicycle coming on your right-----thankyou very much, yes,lovely
weather for the time of year etc etc'' works better than anything else. I have toyed with the idea
of fitting a laser sight for people facing me and in still in the way. TerryJ

>>Mmm, that reminds me. Does anyone have any suggestions for bells and hooters suitable for drop bar
>>bikes with already crammed handlebar tops (light, computer, extra reflector etc)?

http://www.gbcycles.co.uk/eshop.asp?wci=product&wce=HBMINSGS01&desc=MINOURA+SPACE+GRIP+-+SHORT
(There's another one with a bit more space, but couldn't find it right now)

There also used to be this battery-driven whistle-type thingy (Velohorn?)you could put inside
your handlebar end, but haven't seem those for a while. Or, get one of those skater bells you
slip onto a finger.

Mark van Gorkom.

Terry J <[email protected]> said:
>
> from time to time I forget and try bells again. Occasionally you get a compliment from a ped. but
> mostly they no longer recognise the sound or they do the leap sideways and look scared routine . I
> think shouting '' good morning,bicycle coming on your right-----thankyou very much, yes,lovely
> weather for the time of year etc etc''

Thankyou everyone who provided suggestions. The LBS have some cheap ping bells lurking on the
shelves; I think I'll try one of those first and if it isn't sufficient I'll get an AirZound.

Regards,

-david

Status
Not open for further replies.