What makes road cycling fun and interesting for you?

I enjoy routes that I know I will overall be able to complete comfortably, but at the same time routes that I know are going to challenge me in places along the way. So, a few steep inclines, things like that. I know that when I first started I had to get off my bike to get up a few hills, but these days I can usually stay on and just push my way right to the top, and that is something that I am very proud of indeed.

I've never really thought about it. I just feel great when I'm riding. It's just fun. It becomes almost addictive, I get dissppointed when the ride is done, and can't wait for the next one. I wonder sometimes if part of why I enjoy it is because most people 70 aren't doing it. I know I'm not the only one, there are a number of us who ride, but it is still far from the norm. But it's just fun, for me, regardless.

Pretty much, the need for speed. I've never mountain biked before, but I can almost run at those speeds. Getting out of the saddle and tackling a hill or a sprint is invigorating.
^ this
It's pretty hard to cruise at 20+mph on a mountain bike but a piece a cake on a road bike. The speed differential is even more when cornering and on descents; probably not that significant on steep climbs but I'm still eking out 15-16 mph on 3-4% sustained. I only mountain biked a few times but never really got into it. Beside, I hate the ideal of being hosed off before I can enter the house, first by Mom and now the Mrs.

As a city dweller, I just love riding around the city. Venturing into random neighborhoods I've never been to is always exciting. I'd say it's just as rewarding to our senses as riding in more natural settings. I very much enjoy riding in both environments. And of course riding on asphalt is a much smoother ride.

Cycling makes me feel free. It helps me relax and to make my day stress free. I experience freedom whenever I go cycling. It lets me think that I can go anywhere I like in a short period of time.
I usually ride in a peaceful place. So whenever I have a leisure time, I go biking to hear the rhythm made by every tree that I pass by, the song my the wind that's blowing against me and the fresh air that cleans my soul. Truly, cycling is of great help for me in times when I need space and me time.

Cycling makes me feel free. It helps me relax and to make my day stress free. I experience freedom whenever I go cycling. It lets me think that I can go anywhere I like in a short period of time.
I usually ride in a peaceful place. So whenever I have a leisure time, I go biking to hear the rhythm made by every tree that I pass by, the song my the wind that's blowing against me and the fresh air that cleans my soul. Truly, cycling is of great help for me in times when I need space and me time.

A HUGE AMEN!!

It's so peaceful to put away all the cares of the day, no technology, no artificial sounds except for the occasional car, nothing but the sights and sounds of pure nature, from animals, wind, the trees, even rain. This is why I like silent rear hubs rather then the loud clickety ones.

If I just want to relax, and the wind is really strong. I really enjoy biking during the windy season specially if the wind is really strong, it's feels like I'm flying during that time. and it's cold, and the other one is if we have a long travel with my group, It's really fun.

I really like to watch ne nature or houses around the road. I think that cycling is really about the adventure and the beautiful and interesting things you can see around yourself.
Yeah, me too, specially if the weather is really fine. I love watching people and enjoy the environment while riding my bike. I just don't like the dogs in the streets. most of the time they chasing me and running very fast that looks like they going to kill me.

I enjoy routes that I know I will overall be able to complete comfortably, but at the same time routes that I know are going to challenge me in places along the way. So, a few steep inclines, things like that. I know that when I first started I had to get off my bike to get up a few hills, but these days I can usually stay on and just push my way right to the top, and that is something that I am very proud of indeed.

Road Cycling is fun when I'm with my cycling buddies, but sadly we live far apart and we only get together if everyone is available. We're like teenagers when were together every time we finished cycling, we always end up in a bar or in some location we could casually drink and tell stories.
FB_IMG_1521715868645.jpg

I've never really thought about it. I just feel great when I'm riding. It's just fun. It becomes almost addictive, I get dissppointed when the ride is done, and can't wait for the next one. I wonder sometimes if part of why I enjoy it is because most people 70 aren't doing it. I know I'm not the only one, there are a number of us who ride, but it is still far from the norm. But it's just fun, for me, regardless.
You're right, most people with that age can't even know how walk properly, and you, you still able to ride your bike. That's pretty amazing. I think you really have the passion in biking since you were young. You really get a lot of benefits in biking, specially to make your body strong, and a great cardio.

I'm not anywhere near a mountain so I'm pretty much limited to cycling on the road, but I find it fun as well since I love exploring the city and finding the hidden gems such as nice little restaurants, corner shops, sports clubs hidden from the general public. Of course, daily exercise is part of it.

I do find fun and interesting when I group cycling in a organized way at the relatively same speed across the road. That makes me feel like being part of a gang.
Right, Specially if the leader or the one who has a lot of experience in biking always slow down just to count if the group members are still complete. The feeling of a lot of people watching all of you and they look amazed how organize and the bikers. I hope I can go biking again with my group this holy week.

Cycling is not only for exercise it's also an adventure, for every place I go to, I encounter numerous interesting people, it could be a street peddler resting on a shade or a rich business man having car trouble to fellow cyclists that eventually became my riding buddies, there's a lot of good people on the road.

One of our hangouts is near the University of the Philippines Campus, it is a small food stand wich sells awesome pork barbeques, i would see the smoke and smell the wonderful aroma even though I'm a mile away.

What I like being on the road are the pit stops, whenever I and my buddies go riding we never fail to stop on our favorite food stops, our first stop early in the morning is always a place about 3 kilometers away from my place it's a small burger joint and we always stop there to eat breakfast and it also serves as our meeting place.

Next stop would be around lunch time and that's after a long ride and we're all hungry, we usually go to an open-air place where cab drivers eat their lunch, their specialty is called Bulalo or boiled beef shanks it's eaten with rice, soysauce and chillies.

By 4pm we usually end our ride, we're already tired and exhausted and we are now racing for our last stop, it's a bar and restaurant owned by one of my riding buddies and we always end up there to quench our thirst with bottles of cold beer and the best "Pulutan" or food eaten while drinking, it's like the Spanish "Tapas". We do this once or twice a month and always on a Saturday.

Riding with some pals in the high lane has always been the fun part of being a cyclist and that is always a way that I get to learn from the tricks and styles that they do as well which is an amazing way to have fun.

Speed,being able to set out tempo and control by myself,feel of relief when im riding alone.No stress at all thats the best part.

That's really nice, but always ensure that when you go on a speed, you take the necessary time to keep your bike at a good condition. The reason is because accidents can happen any moment and understanding the need to keep that movement in nice way is the best way to have fun while riding.

The other thing for me is the new travel destination. Specially if I never been on that place. I'm so excited and almost lack of sleep before travel because of being too much excited.

I always loved to ride. I love to watch the views and watching the people passing by, the fresh air that you will experience, its very fulfilling. Aside from having an exercise while driving it makes me very happy to just ride.

for me riding isn't smth I do for fun, I usually soothe myself this way. I just love felling this fresh air in my lungs while riding somewhere surrounded by nature. for keeping it interesting I try to choose new unknown places, though I have several special ones.