What Makes You A Cyclist?

On 17 Mar 2004 03:39:48 GMT, [email protected] (TheCyclist2002)
wrote:

>>If we pass on the road don't try to wave or smile at me,
>>I'm going to have to
>ignore you.<
>
>That's cool. For every "roadie" who doesn't wave or smile,
>there a dozen recreational riders who will smile, wave, and
>give you a friendly "Good Morning"
>
>>You will have lot's of other FREDS to ride with as the
>>roads are clogged with
>these types<
>
>"These types." Gotta love it. I wonder, do you call people
>of color "these types" too??

Relax. He's harmless. Be like the rock on the seashore: the
wave crashes against it and over it, but in the morning, the
rock is still there.

-Luigi

Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Relax. He's harmless. Be like the rock on the seashore:
> the wave crashes against it and over it, but in the
> morning, the rock is still there.

i prefer to think in geologic times. and while water may
appear immutable it's at least undergoing a lot of phase
changes in the time it takes to grind that poor rock to an
ineffectual wimpering beaten fred, err, sand.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

On 17 Mar 2004 04:08:18 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote:

>Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Relax. He's harmless. Be like the rock on the seashore:
>> the wave crashes against it and over it, but in the
>> morning, the rock is still there.
>
>i prefer to think in geologic times. and while water may
>appear immutable it's at least undergoing a lot of phase
>changes in the time it takes to grind that poor rock to an
>ineffectual wimpering beaten fred, err, sand.

If we all had geologic time to spend on the beach, sure.

-Luigi

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:01:19 GMT, Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

> "Neil Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I've been known to lead pace lines wearing my sweat pants
>>(I hate the cold) and my full Camelback (tools and all,
>>but I did remove the stickers off my bike as ever ounce
>>counts).
>
> You must admit to wondering just what it would be like
> to ride with the A team when you see guys like Fabrizio
> ride by.

No, not really. I'm not a racer, never will be. Asthma will
always be my limiting factor. I save my imagination for
other things.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry [email protected]
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

In article <u%L5c.69226$Up2.4064@pd7tw1no>,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "David Reuteler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > That's strange, I just got back from a serious
> > > training ride/ new equipment testing session
> > [snip]
> >
> > what were you testing?
>
> Milan-San Remo is this Saturday, let's just leave it
> at that.

A summary of the race results can be found here:

http://www.escapevelocity.bc.ca/ss2004_results.html#4

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected]
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/ President, Fabrizio

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:35:27 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from
Shaw Residential Internet wrote:

>That's strange, I just got back from a serious training
>ride/ new equipment testing session and my experience from
>interfacing with FREDS like you was not like your little
>rant at all.

I saw a TT bike with eccentric cran karms and some sort of
DurAce chainring today. The cranks were offset to "eliminate
the dead spot" in the pedalling arc, and the chainring was
ultra light and aero. Meanwhile, on the back of the bike,
there hung pounds of derailleur and cassette. Ha! Put some
Syntace Profiles on my Bianchi, and Mr. Fred gets a whippin'
on his no-dead-spot behind.

Anyway, I am glad to see you posting again, because I have
a question:

What's this season's eyewear?

--
[email protected]
Remember those quiet evenings.

On 17 Mar 2004 07:00:21 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> from VISI.com
wrote:

>Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> If we all had geologic time to spend on the beach, sure.
>
>i'm on it. been tryin' for years to find a solution to the
>work problem.

Take a tip from Nancy Reagan: Just Say No!

--
[email protected]
Use an unacceptable color.

Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote in message
> The Pro "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Milan-San Remo is this Saturday, let's just leave it
> >at that.
> >
> ohh, pantyhose.

You're out of line there, the race is known as La Primavera
to us, show some respect.

On 15 Mar 2004 23:17:25 -0800, [email protected] (Fabrizio
Mazzoleni) wrote:

>Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote
>in message
>>
>> Always remember and never forget:
>>
>> "Fabrizio" is Italian for "Fred".
>
>Look Zipp, I don't really care, but ol Fabrizio has a lot
>of pride. He's worked hard to become the cyclist he is, can
>you show some respect?

But, as a Fred myself, it makes me proud to know that

<[email protected]> wrote:

>You must admit to wondering just what it would be like
>to ride with the A team when you see guys like
>Fabrizio ride by.

I get a real kick out of the look on their faces when I go
by. I have to look real quick in my helmet-mounted mirror to
see that, but it's worth it. If I could, I'd get my digital
camera out of my handlebar bag and snap a picture of them as
I pull away, but I don't want to appear too cocky.

"Zippy the Pinhead" <[email protected]> wrote
in message >
> I get a real kick out of the look on their faces when I
> go by. I have to look real quick in my helmet-mounted
> mirror to see that, but it's worth it. If I could, I'd
> get my digital camera out of my handlebar bag and snap a
> picture of them as I pull away, but I don't want to
> appear too cocky.

Sorry Zipp, those guys you see aren't top level cyclists
like me, they are poseurs. Get yourself out of the
subdivision lanes \ park paths and out to the tough training
routes, then you will see a big difference in type of rider.

Here's how it works, everyday I head out for my pre planed
training session. As I warm-up by leaving town on the flat
highway with the wide paved shoulder I see lots of amateur
riders giving the euro pro look a try but messing it up
nonetheless.

Once I turn off the level easy highway and head into the
tough hilly terrain I stop seeing those lamers on their
aerobars, the never do wells who own the nice bikes but only
get out ten hours a week and never get really bike fit, and
especially out on my training routes I NEVER see you
recreational types.

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...

> What's this season's eyewear?

Still too early into the season yet.

Don't make a move until we see what Danilo Di Luca and
George Hincapie have for Paris-Roubaix, and what the
guys over on team De Nardi have for the Amstel Gold race
on April 18.

I was checking out the M Frame Vented Hybrid S with the
Plasma Fire Iridiums last week.

wrote:
>Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> If we all had geologic time to spend on the beach, sure.
>
>i'm on it. been tryin' for years to find a solution to the
>work problem.

You're a programmer. Write a program that generates money!
--
Rick Onanian

Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2004 07:00:21 GMT, David Reuteler
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> If we all had geologic time to spend on the beach, sure.
>>
>>i'm on it. been tryin' for years to find a solution to the
>>work problem.
>
> You're a programmer. Write a program that generates money!

i got^H^H^H^H^Hi'd get in trouble for that.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

Flabby Blabby,

What do you mean "everyday" you head out? Just how many
days were you incarcerated for lewd conduct exposing your
genitals to little children? I'm sure you didn't ride
then. Been out at the ReMax strip mall looking and playing
with "Willie?"

Quit dreaming and get some real psychiatric care.

Your Buddy

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

> Here's how it works, everyday I head out for my pre planed
> training session.

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:39:17 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from
Shaw Residential Internet wrote:

>"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...
>
>> What's this season's eyewear?
>
>Still too early into the season yet.

Fair enough. I haven't even got a decent tan on the ol'
pistons yet.

>Don't make a move until we see what Danilo Di Luca and
>George Hincapie have for Paris-Roubaix, and what the guys
>over on team De Nardi have for the Amstel Gold race on
>April 18.

Is it OK to wear last year's specs in the meantime? What
about taking the risk and getting something you see the Pros
wearing now?

>I was checking out the M Frame Vented Hybrid S with the
>Plasma Fire Iridiums last week.

Sweet! I think I prefer the Dark Carbide Black Iridium,
though. Why is Oakely selling used shades on their site? Two
twenty five isn't a bad price, I guess, but for used?

--
[email protected]
A very small object - Its center.

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:45:09 -0600, Zippy the Pinhead
<[email protected]> from Xavier Onassis Associates wrote:

>On 15 Mar 2004 23:17:25 -0800, [email protected]
>(Fabrizio Mazzoleni) wrote:
>
>>Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote
>>in message
>>>
>>> Always remember and never forget:
>>>
>>> "Fabrizio" is Italian for "Fred".
>>
>>Look Zipp, I don't really care, but ol Fabrizio has a lot
>>of pride. He's worked hard to become the cyclist he is,
>>can you show some respect?
>
>But, as a Fred myself, it makes me proud to know that
>"Fabrizio" is Italian for "Fred"

Umm ... Federico.

--
[email protected]
A very small object - Its center.
25

On 17 Mar 2004 21:27:55 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> from VISI.com
wrote:

>Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 17 Mar 2004 07:00:21 GMT, David Reuteler
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>i'm on it. been tryin' for years to find a solution to
>>>the work problem.
>>
>> You're a programmer. Write a program that generates
>> money!
>
>i got^H^H^H^H^Hi'd get in trouble for that.

Was it you sending those MAKE MONEY FAST emails?

Well, I must have sent you a dozen five dollar bills. Why
don't you answer????

--
[email protected]
A very small object - Its center.
25

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:06:41 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> from The
Esoteric c0wz Society wrote:

>So many new, non-Fabrizio-aquainted people have responded
>to Fab's elite ramblings in this thread.
>
>Wow. Chill out, people, he's not real. He's an unperson (in
>a non-Orwellian sense -- really quite the opposite).

Just because he dropped you at the start line and you
haven't seen him because you aren't even at the back of the
A group he rides in doesn't mean he doesn't exist.