what metal for cleats?

Liz

Guest
My husband was surprised the other day that his shimano bike shoes didn't set off the metal detector
at the airport. So what metal do they use?

"Liz" wrote
> My husband was surprised the other day that his shimano bike shoes
didn't
> set off the metal detector at the airport. So what metal do they
use?

Plastics.

Theo

In article <TZd%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> My husband was surprised the other day that his shimano bike shoes didn't set off the metal
> detector at the airport. So what metal do they use?

Was this the latest Virgin flight where each passenger has a set of pedals to provide additional
power to the engines for takeoff? :p

Just curious as to why one would wear (SPD I assume) shoes onto a plane
:)

As for metal I would have thought heat treated steel was the go...

Cheers Ray

Ray wrote:

>In article <TZd%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>

>>My husband was surprised the other day that his shimano bike shoes didn't set off the metal
>>detector at the airport. So what metal do they use?
>>

>Was this the latest Virgin flight where each passenger has a set of pedals to provide additional
>power to the engines for takeoff? :p
>
>Just curious as to why one would wear (SPD I assume) shoes onto a plane
>:)
>
>As for metal I would have thought heat treated steel was the go...
>
>Cheers Ray

I wore mine to save weight and the extra charges that come with it. Wear you're heavy shoes and pack
your thongs. Also wear 6 layers of clothing for the same reason. I took my U-Lock with my carry on
for the same reason but the security guards weren't too impressed. It got to see the cockpit, sadly,
I didn't. My SPD-M cleats didn't set off any metal detectors either. Maybe they don't measure at
ground level. Or maybe they're too well shielded by your foot and the ground to pick up. But thats
just hypothesis.

--
Cheers Damian Harvey

This space reserved for standard disclaimer, witty quote, plug for own business in caps and large,
bad ASCII art.

They Use Adamantium. which is a lightweight indestructible metal found in Dr Skriker's labratory.
The same metal is also found coating Wolverines skeleton.