'What Mountain Bike' Magazine

tasdigi

New Member
Apr 7, 2003
Hello Everyone,

Just purchased a copy of 'What Mountain Bike' magazine, here in Tasmania.

As always, this British publication is excellent.

Very informative.

Are there any other similar British mountain bike magazines, that can be recommended?

Cheers

tasdigi <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just purchased a copy of 'What Mountain Bike' magazine, here in Tasmania.

> Are there any other similar British mountain bike magazines, that can be recommended?

Mountain Bike rider is the only one worth getting monthly.MBUK is for 15 year olds IMO. Singletrack
is quarterly, and is OKish,but maybe a bit short of content.

Alan.
--
Change the 'minus' to 'plus' to reply by e-mail. http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road Cycling in the
North Midlands.

"A Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1ftpt5v.142khrtm51r22N%[email protected]...
> tasdigi <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Just purchased a copy of 'What Mountain Bike' magazine, here in Tasmania.
>
> > Are there any other similar British mountain bike magazines, that can be recommended?
>
> Mountain Bike rider is the only one worth getting monthly.

I second that, it's the only MTB mag I take on subscription...

Albert

"albert fish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "A Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:1ftpt5v.142khrtm51r22N%[email protected]...
> > tasdigi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Hello Everyone, Just purchased a copy of 'What Mountain Bike' magazine, here in Tasmania. Are
> > > there any other similar British mountain bike magazines, that can
be
> > > recommended?
> > Mountain Bike rider is the only one worth getting monthly.
> I second that, it's the only MTB mag I take on subscription... Albert

Prefer Single Track World (although not monthly) - can be a little more (dare I say it) 'grown up'.
Depends on what sort of riding you do really...STW for a slightly older (judging by average age on
their forum) more enduro/single track rider. MBR for a bit younger, slightly more 'with it' weekend
warrior/racer/odd bit of free riding type rider. Try out the STW forum at
http://www.singletrackworld.com/ to get a feel for
it.

> be

Singletrack for all elements of mountainbike riding !! I've never been to Tasmania but some of the
wild country pics in Singletrack are what I imagine Tasmania would look like. Mike

Aha, that must be why I thought my occasional MBUK purchase was a bit suspect. I'm really a roadie
but want to upgrade to a better MTB for my occasional off road fun/Xtrain rides. I'm glad it's not
just me who finds the mag a bit childish. I only bought it for the ads really, is MBR equally ad

Niv <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Mountain Bike rider is the only one worth getting monthly.MBUK is for 15 year olds IMO.
> > Singletrack is quarterly, and is OKish,but maybe a bit short of content.
> Aha, that must be why I thought my occasional MBUK purchase was a bit suspect. I'm really a roadie
> but want to upgrade to a better MTB for my occasional off road fun/Xtrain rides. I'm glad it's not
> just me who finds the mag a bit childish. I only bought it for the ads really, is MBR equally ad
> stuffed, but with more "grown up" articles?

Yes,MBR is a much better mag, with articles worth reading and good off-road route guides. Alan.