What? No kickstand?

kaikane

Jul 2, 2005
My old steel Univega has a kickstand.
People laugh.
All these new fancy-schmanzy bikes? No kickstand. And I see these guys lean their $3000 Ti bikes against things when they take a break. Leaning along walls. Along park benches. They fall over. Bang! A nice new ding on the fancy-schmanzy bike.
So....what's wrong with a kickstand and why don't they come with bikes anymore? ;)
Inquiring minds want to know...
Maybe I should write in to that "Style Guy" in Bicycling magazine.

kaikane said:
People laugh.
All these new fancy-schmanzy bikes? No kickstand. And I see these guys lean their $3000 Ti bikes against things when they take a break. Leaning along walls. Along park benches. They fall over. Bang! A nice new ding on the fancy-schmanzy bike.
So....what's wrong with a kickstand and why don't they come with bikes anymore? ;)
I always have and always will have a kick-stand on my bike. I've watched guys and gals spend 5 minutes trying to find a suitable place to prop their bikes and then act like idiots gesturing with hand signals and commanding the bike to "SIT, SIT, STAY" as they back away from the bike. Maybe I will take pictures next time and send them to " Animal Planet ".

Not only are the new "Fancy Schmanzy" bikes very nice machines but they will will except kick-stands as well with the exception of CF chain stays and frames, they are generally gratis from LBS, all you have is ask.

;)

kaikane said:
People laugh.

I'll bet your bike has streamers on the ends of the handlebars.:D

They're pretty cool too.

mitosis said:
I'll bet your bike has streamers on the ends of the handlebars.:D

They're pretty cool too.
Flourescent pink streamers, a bell (DING! DING!) and baseball cards on the spokes! and a banana seat and a rear view mirror and and .......:p

artmichalek said:
There's an easy solution to this. Don't get off the bike.
LOL LOL LOL:D
I originally entered only one LOL but the forum manager said my message was too short!

kaikane said:
At least with the bell bottoms you don't have to shave your legs ;)

True, that is a bonus ,however my platform shoes tend to rub on the pavement on my down stroke.

kaikane said:
Just get yourself one of these!

I tried one ,but the kick stand was 6 feet long and ...I just can't talk about it...it's just too painful.