What on earth was that?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Noticed that I was going a bit deaf in my right ear, so
    arranged to see the quack to get them syringed. Appointment
    at 1330 fitted in nicely with ride to work for a 1500 start.
    Had to endure the usual crowd of coffin dodgers in the
    waiting room moaning about their arthritis and going
    thorough a long list of mutual acquaintances that had popped
    off since the last time they met. Ah well, we'll all be
    there one day (if we're lucky).

    Riding to work afterwards was terrifying -what on earth
    were these unbearably loud objects attacking my right
    shoulder? - cars and lorries! Aargh, they're suddenly so
    loud - had to turn the Walkman up a bit to reduce their
    intensity.

    "Speak softly and carry a big cog"
    --
    Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W
    http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

    Tags:

  2. "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Noticed that I was going a bit deaf in my right ear, so
    > arranged to see the quack to get them syringed.

    > Riding to work afterwards was terrifying -what on earth
    > were these unbearably loud objects attacking my right
    > shoulder? - cars and lorries! Aargh, they're suddenly so
    > loud - had to turn the Walkman up a bit to reduce their
    > intensity.

    Wait till you need a hearing aid. It's great - I can turn it
    off when noisy kids start getting on my nerves. And riding
    in traffic drains the batteries quite quickly.

    --
    M Stewart Milton Keynes, UK
    www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > I remember having my ears syringed a few years back. Came
    > out of the clinic, got into my car, slammed the driver
    > door, and practically deafened myself! Syringing ears
    > should carry a health warning:)

    Sorry, didn't hear that, can you repeat it :)

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
    volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during