What other benefits you get from riding aside from physical exercise?

Yeah, riding the bike is great because it gives us a feeling of independence, at least it gives me.

In addition to being a great form of physical exercise, riding can also provide a range of other benefits.

Firstly, riding can be a great way to relieve stress and improve your mental wellbeing. Being around horses and riding can be a peaceful and calming experience, and can help you relax and clear your mind.

Riding can also be a social activity, and can provide opportunities to meet new people and make new friends. Whether you participate in lessons, clinics, or competitions, you'll be surrounded by like-minded individuals who share your love of horses.

Furthermore, riding can help improve your coordination, balance, and flexibility. As you work to control your horse, you'll be engaging a range of muscles and developing your core strength.

Finally, spending time with horses can be a rewarding experience in itself. Developing a relationship with a horse and learning to communicate effectively can be incredibly fulfilling, and can provide a sense of purpose and meaning to your life.

Overall, riding can offer a range of benefits beyond just physical exercise. So, if you're looking for a new hobby or a way to improve your wellbeing, consider taking up riding.

Socializing is important, physical exercise is important too, but the best is really to do what we love.
This is exactly what I wanted to write. It is important to enjoy riding, and this is the main reason I do it. And keeping fit and socializing are great bonuses.

Reactions: cobbwheels
Hey there! Long-distance touring can definitely provide a sense of mental clarity and escape. Just make sure to plan your trips well in advance, with all the necessary gear and provisions. Trust me, a well-prepared journey is a happy one. And for those extra-long rides, don't forget to take regular breaks and stretch those legs. Happy touring! :)

Absolutely, the freedom and independence that cycling provides are unparalleled. I couldn't agree more with your sentiment. The ability to traverse 20 miles without the need for a car is not only environmentally friendly but also empowering.

Urban cycling, in particular, offers a unique set of benefits. Navigating busy city streets daily allows for a sense of connection to the urban landscape that is often lost in a car. Plus, it's a great way to incorporate exercise into your daily routine.

That being said, it's important to acknowledge that urban cycling infrastructure is not always up to par. Advocating for safer and more accessible streets is crucial to ensuring that cycling remains a viable option for commuters.

It's also worth noting that while cars may be a convenient mode of transportation for some, they also contribute to air pollution and traffic congestion. Encouraging alternative modes of transportation, such as cycling, can help alleviate these issues.

Overall, the joy of cycling lies in its simplicity and accessibility. Whether you're commuting to work or going for a leisurely ride, the experience is hard to beat. Here's to many more miles on two wheels! :)

Interesting, but how have you structured your training to see improvements in strength and performance? Have you tried any affordable training solutions or books that cater to cat 4 cyclists?