what other crit's ar ethere in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    I cant do Wed Kew crit this week(boy. shall miss that hill. not!)

    what other onesa re available

    Tags:

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]
    > I cant do Wed Kew crit this week(boy. shall miss that hill. not!)
    > what other onesa re available

    Sun morning Glenvale and Port Melbourne
    Tuesday night Sandown Raceway (tonight)
    I think Vets race at METEC some time during
    the week too..

    Links to Club sites, check their Calendars:
    http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/cycling_clubs.asp

    hippy

  3. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Tue 6:30pm Sandown
    Wed 6pm Kew Blvd
    Thu 6pm Hoppers Crossing
    Sat 1:30pm Hoppers Crossing/ 2pm Campbelfield Kermesse occasionally)Sun 9am Glenvale / 8am Port Melb

  4. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Thur 6pm Vets at sandown

  5. "Shabby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Tue 6:30pm Sandown
    > Wed 6pm Kew Blvd
    > Thu 6pm Hoppers Crossing
    > Sat 1:30pm Hoppers Crossing/ 2pm Campbelfield Kermesse
    > occasionally)Sun 9am Glenvale / 8am Port Melb

    Where exactly is this mythical place Glenvale? It's not listed in my
    Melways. Some link between Glen Waverley and Springvale perhaps?

    Cheers
    Peter

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    that confused me too!
    not sure why its called 'glenvale' (anyone?)
    Some people refer to it as 'Dunlop Rd'...

    http://www.easternvets.com/PNG_course_files/PNG_file01.htm

  7. mfhor

    mfhor New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Oh, so that's a different one?
    Just as well you pointed that out!
    Wanting to wander down there in the new year woulda been tricky if i cant find it!

  9. kyra

    kyra New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    There's no Port Melb crit this week... having a break until 9th Jan

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Just as well! Im gonna be at 'training camp' down at Inverloch :rolleyes:

  11. mogulhead

    mogulhead New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2003
    Any one have any information on the Footscray cycling club crits at Hoppers Crossing. What sort of numbers do they get in D grade? What is the circuit like? Is the circuit the Driver training track shown on the Melways at map 206 K5? Who do you contact to join the Footscray cycling club and how much is it? Also when the season starts where is the road racing located.

    I was thinking of starting racing and this seems to be the closest regular criterium from Torquay. So any info would be much appreciated.

    Cheers