What oven?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jo Ling, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest

    My Miele fan-assisted oven has given up the ghost. I'm thinking of
    replacing it with a Baumatic B910SS double oven. Has anybody out there got
    any experience of/comments about Baumatic ovens?

    TIA

    Jo

    Tags:

  2. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest

    Well, thank you all for your help.

    I've actually had my oven repaired, at the fraction of a cost of a new one.

    "Jo Ling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My Miele fan-assisted oven has given up the ghost. I'm thinking of
    > replacing it with a Baumatic B910SS double oven. Has anybody out there
    > got any experience of/comments about Baumatic ovens?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Jo

  3. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Jo Ling wrote:

    > Well, thank you all for your help.
    >
    > I've actually had my oven repaired, at the fraction of a cost of a new one.

    Lucky for you. After warning my wife many times not to dump water into a hot
    cast iron pan while it is sitting on the glass top of our stove, she finally
    managed to break it. It still works, but it looks awful and I imagine it is
    just a matter of time before it stops working. I had to get a new crisper
    drawer for it a few months ago and while I was at the parts counter in the
    store I asked about the cost of a new top. .... $650. I got the stove at a
    scratch and dent sale, and the whole unit didn't cost much more than that.