What pads will fit my Shimano 105 brakes?

On Oct 24, 9:45 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Hello,
> I went to buy some pads online but there were so many. What do i need
> or what will fit my bike?
> I have Shimano 105 brakes
> XTR
> Alivio
> Canti
> deore
> Where is the best and cheapest online shop to get them from?
> I foundhttp://www.bicyclestore.com.au

If you were buying online in Australia for just one item like this,
the postage would kill the saving, if there was one. Go to your LBS
and ask them what is right, and pay for it.

My LBS sells the Dura-Ace cartridges for about $12.

Not worth buying one item online.

If you're getting a bunch of stuff

try Pro-Bike-Kit

Scotty

[email protected] wrote:
> Hello,
> I went to buy some pads online but there were so many. What do i need
> or what will fit my bike?
> I have Shimano 105 brakes
> XTR
> Alivio
> Canti
> deore
> Where is the best and cheapest online shop to get them from?
> I found http://www.bicyclestore.com.au

The cost of postage will likely be more than the total cost from your LBS.

Theo

If your brake has the holders that can take new blocks, the best ones are
the Koolstop salmon blocks:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html#dura. They stop well and are
far less prone than any others I've come across to chew bits out of the rim
sidewalls. If you're after the complete brake block then they have those as
well. I have occasionally found these in Australian LBSs. Not worth buying
them across the net unless you're going to buy a lifetime supply at once.

news:[email protected]...