What Power Meter do you use?

I have the Performance Bike (made by Elite) Real Axiom VR Trainer. I find the speedometer on the trainer reads about 1 mph slower than both my Polar 725x and VDO cyclometers.

I'm wondering if anyone has done any comparisons with regard to the accuracy, or lack thereof, of the electronic ergometer/trainer power meters versus the on-the-bike power meters.

celia123 said:
I have the Performance Bike (made by Elite) Real Axiom VR Trainer. I find the speedometer on the trainer reads about 1 mph slower than both my Polar 725x and VDO cyclometers.

I'm wondering if anyone has done any comparisons with regard to the accuracy, or lack thereof, of the electronic ergometer/trainer power meters versus the on-the-bike power meters.
presumably this could be either tyre slippage and or and incorrectly set tyre roll out.

Several people have ridden vr trainers with their power meters and discovered how reliable or otherwise they are

Just did my 1st session on my Kurt Kinetic trainer, and their new wireless comp. So far so good, but I'm not experienced enough to tell yet.

I am an intermediate biker and I have seen these power meter things popping up. They look cool and useful but what exactly is it for? And does it record this data or something? I do some 50-60 mile rides a couple times a week but am really looking to step things up and train right so I might have alot of questons for a while. hopefully someone doesn't mind helping me out. I would be really stoked to come up on some good info...:D

YES! I finally have a powermeter, it's a Powertap SL 2.4, upgraded to ANT+. Not that I have a use for that upgrade, but it's nice to have it anyway.
Can anybody, by the way, tell me with what Powertap 2009 the SL 2.4 ANT+ can be compared to? The Pro+? Or the SL?

Ergomo pro power meter
Clear display that lets you program up to 8 different data fields. Bottom bracket meter means that you can ride your choice of cranks and rear wheel.

lovesbmw said:
Bottom bracket meter means that you can ride your choice of cranks...
Really? How about DuraAce & Ultegra? Specialized? EE? New Campy? Any 2-piece crank on the market?

Dave

acoggan said:
What's up with all the people responding "other not listed"? With the exception of the old LOOK MaxOne, all the rest are on the list.
Powertap Elite+ isn't!:mad:

Computrainer Pro: great for VO2max / LT testing indoors

SRM Mountain Bike: so far, so good. Reliable and great for mountain bike testing

I'm trying NOT to buy one, and preserve my savings :rolleyes:

But it gets tougher and tougher :D