what problems do you guys have the most with bikes?

none, it is a wonderful sport or means for commuting, whatever maintenance or buying you need to do is worth it,

My problems are I have work and sleeping cutting into my cycling hobby./img/vbsmilies/smilies/hissyfit.gif

My problem with bikes is the limited daylight due to my position on the Earth coupled with the tilt of the Earth's axis and the Earth's angular velocity about that axis. Fortunately, lights help me to mitigate those problems.

Originally Posted by rluttrell .

FLATS

Oh good lord, yes.

Upgraded (like, SERIOUSLY upgraded) my tires, we'll see if that solves the issue. Bottom line is if you spend $20 a tire but then $7 a tube a bunch of times, you're probably better off spending $65 a tire, $7 for ONE tube, and avoiding tons of hassle changing, patching, thinking up new curse words, etc etc.

They're PUSHERS, gettin' me addicted. Now I'm out of places to ride (no, I can't load it up and travel, car-free), and all that's left is the same old shiitake. But the BIKE keeps CALLIN' me...........

So I keep riding; the paths/trails/scenery is all old, the BIKE is new, and the "FIX" keeps drawing me back.

I was stuck.... till I noticed the question is plural... problems.

I haven't had a bad ride yet. Every day I spent some time cycling... has been better than the days when I haven't. The days that weren't my best cycling days... was when I wrecked or had a flat. That said... I will gladly take a flat over a wreck any day. But wrecks and flats are my two problems.

I had a rash of flats early in the season... 3 in less than 100 miles. And each time the weather was cold and wet. I replaced the cheapie tires. Then for good measure I also replaced the tubes with thorn proof tubes. I was heavy (about 250#) at the time and the thick tubes in my 700 25C tires seemed OK. But I am around 185 now and thinking of getting new rim tape (I now think that was the real problem all along)... and switching to 23C tires and normal tubes. I am faster now (still slow... but a faster slow)... and I would like to try faster tires. Plus... the thorn proof tires now seem bouncy. But I also know the bouncy could all be in my mind.

Hmm my problem with a mountain bike is the # of trees i farking hit.... The last one ended up with me with somethimg possibly sprained strained or torn and a mild cuncussion (my helmet took the grunt of the impact) along with a bit of whiplash...

Originally Posted by bogieboy .

Hmm my problem with a mountain bike is the # of trees i farking hit.... The last one ended up with me with somethimg possibly sprained strained or torn and a mild cuncussion (my helmet took the grunt of the impact) along with a bit of whiplash...
Wow... so sorry to hear of your crash. Hope you mend quickly and completely.

I hate to hear of any cyclist getting hurt. Bicycle crashes reminds us all that cycling is a blood sport. Thank God those helmets are pretty awesome for a cheap bit of plastic and Styrofoam.

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

Wow... so sorry to hear of your crash. Hope you mend quickly and completely.

I hate to hear of any cyclist getting hurt. Bicycle crashes reminds us all that cycling is a blood sport. Thank God those helmets are pretty awesome for a cheap bit of plastic and Styrofoam.
LOL i am doing ok now...the headaches are going away and shoulder is feeling pretty good now... I can honestly say if i wasnt wearing the helmet i would most likely still be laying out on the trail dead...the hit would have made me black out garunteed without a helmet. its all the risk you take, i went big then i went home...LOL ;-)

I think my new to me trek fuel frame should be in tonight, so i will have a night or two of building to get done and i will most likely be back on the trails this week yet....im a tough camper...LOL

I like cycling. Mountain cycling is my passion and like to drive on down hills. Last I bought a new bike @ USD 1,000.000...

I love cycling and doing it since my childhood. I like to go to countryside and enjoy the peace and calm full of adventure. I enjoy cycling events and participate in competitions held in Fairfax Station.