What really broke poor Floyd

In article <[email protected]>,
"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour0616/32
> >
> > "Floyd Landis suffers on the final climb" -
> > yeah, suffers from getting mooned by idiots!
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > P.S. Please God tell me those aren't the "Cutters" again.

> I'm suffering right now.

That photo raises two important issues:

1) given the composition, the rightmost third could have been cropped
without losing any part of Floyd or his bicycle. In other words the
photo editor either has a very odd sense of what was needed to balance
the composition, or he wanted to leave the bum in.

2) Was there ever a resolution of the "Floyd's yellow pants don't match
his new yellow shirt" issue? It seems to be moot now, but my guess is
that Phonak yellow is noticeably different from maillot jaune, and maybe
the green clashes too.

Style master,

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:37:57 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour0616/32
>> >
>> > "Floyd Landis suffers on the final climb" -
>> > yeah, suffers from getting mooned by idiots!
>> >
>> > Ben
>> >
>> > P.S. Please God tell me those aren't the "Cutters" again.

>> I'm suffering right now.

>That photo raises two important issues:
>
>1) given the composition, the rightmost third could have been cropped
>without losing any part of Floyd or his bicycle. In other words the
>photo editor either has a very odd sense of what was needed to balance
>the composition, or he wanted to leave the bum in.
>
>2) Was there ever a resolution of the "Floyd's yellow pants don't match
>his new yellow shirt" issue? It seems to be moot now, but my guess is
>that Phonak yellow is noticeably different from maillot jaune, and maybe
>the green clashes too.

Black shorts. You know the color bike shorts are supposed to be anyway.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2.../photos/2006/tour06/tour0616/JD_06TDFstg16014

Ron
Who's beginning to wonder if he's the only one who understands this anymore.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06/tour0616/32

> That photo raises two important issues:
>
> 1) given the composition, the rightmost third could have been cropped
> without losing any part of Floyd or his bicycle. In other words the
> photo editor either has a very odd sense of what was needed to balance
> the composition, or he wanted to leave the bum in.
>
> 2) Was there ever a resolution of the "Floyd's yellow pants don't match
> his new yellow shirt" issue? It seems to be moot now, but my guess is
> that Phonak yellow is noticeably different from maillot jaune, and maybe
> the green clashes too.

I think most of the photos posted the same day are
uncropped 1:1.5 aspect ratio. Obviously you could crop
to a 1:1.5 ratio, but when many of the photos are like that
it suggests the demands of posting fast have overriden
subtleties like editing out yahoos' butts.

As for Floyd's non-yellow shorts, I posted the Pantone yellow
colormatches for Phonak yellow and MJ yellow a while back.
Clash City (Rockers). You can't just mix and match this stuff
randomly. Get Fabrizio Mazzoleni to show you the Pantone
chart if you need help. I'm sure he rides with one at all times.

Ben
RBR Fashion Cop

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour06
> /tour0616/32
>
> > That photo raises two important issues:
> >
> > 1) given the composition, the rightmost third could have been cropped
> > without losing any part of Floyd or his bicycle. In other words the
> > photo editor either has a very odd sense of what was needed to balance
> > the composition, or he wanted to leave the bum in.
> >
> > 2) Was there ever a resolution of the "Floyd's yellow pants don't match
> > his new yellow shirt" issue? It seems to be moot now, but my guess is
> > that Phonak yellow is noticeably different from maillot jaune, and maybe
> > the green clashes too.

> I think most of the photos posted the same day are
> uncropped 1:1.5 aspect ratio. Obviously you could crop
> to a 1:1.5 ratio, but when many of the photos are like that
> it suggests the demands of posting fast have overriden
> subtleties like editing out yahoos' butts.
>
> As for Floyd's non-yellow shorts, I posted the Pantone yellow
> colormatches for Phonak yellow and MJ yellow a while back.
> Clash City (Rockers). You can't just mix and match this stuff
> randomly. Get Fabrizio Mazzoleni to show you the Pantone
> chart if you need help. I'm sure he rides with one at all times.

You were serious about those Pantone colours? I thought that was just an
off-the-cuff joke.

Dang, I'm out of my league!

Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour
> > 06/tour0616/32
> >
> > "Floyd Landis suffers on the final climb" -
> > yeah, suffers from getting mooned by idiots!
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > P.S. Please God tell me those aren't the "Cutters" again.
> >

> I remember seeing some nut run out of the crowd with his pants
> down...this was a few days ago. I think he was half gassed!

Was he the guy who got run down by Savoldelli? Actually, that'd be pretty funny:
guy runs out in the street to moon the crowd and then gets knocked on his ass.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tour06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/tour
>>>06/tour0616/32
>>>
>>>"Floyd Landis suffers on the final climb" -
>>>yeah, suffers from getting mooned by idiots!
>>>
>>>Ben
>>>
>>>P.S. Please God tell me those aren't the "Cutters" again.
>>>

>>I remember seeing some nut run out of the crowd with his pants
>>down...this was a few days ago. I think he was half gassed!

> Was he the guy who got run down by Savoldelli? Actually, that'd be pretty funny:
> guy runs out in the street to moon the crowd and then gets knocked on his ass.

i don't think so... he just ran back into the crowd. Some drunken german
fan.