what saddle do you use and why?

I have a selle Italia on my racing bike that I've been trying to convince myself is really comfortable, and a Brooks on my touring/commuting bike that I can spend all day on. I am a firm believer in suspended leather saddles. They give you an absolutely custom fit. The only down side is the weight and the time you have to spend breaking them in.

I almost always used Selle Italia Flites up unitl recently. As I got older they seemd to become less comfortable. Maybe it's because my ass is fatter too! Now I'm using a WTB Laser V (or something like that) on my MTB and it's pretty comfortable. I still had the Flite on my road bike when I sold it. I'm going to be getting a new raod bike and I'm not sure what I'll use on it.

I have a Brooks leather saddle on my cross bike, which I use for errands, commuting, etc. and now that it's all broken in, that thing is about as comfortable as any saddle I've ever used believe it or not! The only thing is, they just don't look quite right on a "modern" road bike (in my humble opinion).

Selle Trans Am SLR - I went through a whole slew of saddles: Vetta, Serfas dd vado, Fizik Pave (pretty good), before settling on the Trans Am. I can spend a couple of hours on it, no soreness or numbness.

Only drawback I've found is that it has a fairly narrow 'sweet spot'. You have to sit on it in just the right position, or you start getting sore. Also, I've heard of heavier riders breaking these saddles, so beware.

OTOH, I recently acquired a 70's vintage racer, and put a new Brooks Team Pro saddle on it. Only been on a couple of rides, but I like what I feel so far, even if it does weigh a ton...

It is remarkable how unique and individual each of our bums are...Ride what is comfortable screw the weight and "looks" it will be your signature for eccentricity, besides no one can see your saddle when you ride...can they.

Flite SLR, despite being minimalist and light, is strangely pretty comfortable once the middle gets broken in and starts to give a little. Much more comfortable then Trans Am and Classic Ti Flite on my other bikes.

I have been very happy with the Selle Italla Turbomatic. I have done several double centuries with it and find it a very comfortable, but I have had it about 6 or 7 years and and the leather is starting to crack so I was going to replace it last weekend , but can't find one anywhere even on line . So I ordered a Brooks Swift, I hope I like it as I have never payed that much for a saddle before.

One saddle I haven't seen mentioned thus far is the Fizik Aliante. I won't claim to have "tried them all" but I have tried the Selle Italia Flite, Flite Genuine Gel, SLR, San Marco Aspide, San Marco Era and probably others that escape my mind at the moment.

I rode (and liked) the Flite for a year or so, probably more than 10k miles and thought it was my saddle for life. The one thing I noticed though was that on long rides (50 miles or more), when I'd get off the bike it was tough getting back on. I changed to the Aliante and never looked back (pardon the pun). I've been riding it for more than a year now, have it on both of my bikes and love it.

The only downside as compared to the Flite is it doesn't have as many seating positions. On the Flite I'd slide out onto the nose for a while then way back, etc. This isn't comfortable on the Aliante. On the other hand, I haven't needed to do it either.

Hope this helps,

Greg

I ride a Trico adjustable split saddle. Had some trouble with my man gland a few years ago and this is the saddle that got me back on my bike.

I have used a Terry Zero for two seasons, and, it just is plain comfortable. Several hours on it are never a pain in the plumbing. Weight, 221 gr. Cost, about $90, less on sale

i´m using two tune speedneedles (great, lieght saddle!) a leather (119g) and a lycra (89g). the tt and mtb are equipped with a classic: the flite.

tobias.

tune website