What should I do with my spare bike

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Walrus, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    Check out my poll

    Tags:

  2. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    Walrus wrote:
    > Check out my 'poll' (http://tinyurl.com/ae5s7)

    Sounds like a perfect candidate for a fixie to me Walrus.

    Got any pics?

    I'll take it off your hands if you like ;)

    --
    Nick

  3. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    No pics that really show the bike sorry. I'm starting to warm to the idea of setting it up as a trainer/commuter. Suzy's comments on what constant commuting could do to my Look kind of hit home.

    I'm not really the fixie type.

  4. MikeB

    MikeB Guest

    Walrus <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > NoZX6R Wrote:
    > > Walrus wrote:
    > > > Check out my 'poll' (http://tinyurl.com/ae5s7)
    > > >

    > > Sounds like a perfect candidate for a fixie to me Walrus.
    > >
    > > Got any pics?
    > >
    > > I'll take it off your hands if you like ;)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Nick

    > No pics that really show the bike sorry. I'm starting to warm to the
    > idea of setting it up as a trainer/commuter. Suzy's comments on what
    > constant commuting could do to my Look kind of hit home.
    >
    > I'm not really the fixie type.

    In Adelaide, you can donate bikes in good condition to the Australian
    Refugee Association. They pass them on to people newly arrived here.
    Bikes are very popular. They help keep children occupied, and they
    help car-less adults to get around.

  5. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    That's an option I hadn't considered, thanks. ;)

  6. Koon Yong

    Koon Yong New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    You'll earn some good bike kharma points too which will go to the following:

    1) less punctures while riding
    2) less drivers cutting you off to make a left turn
    3) you will encounter fewer unleased dogs
    4) more fine weather when you want to ride
    5) your bike will not be stolen
    6) Drivers in parked cars will not open their doors in your path
    7) significant other says yes when you suggest you need another bike

    koon

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined: