What should I get

DK wrote:
> *isn't a corker a touring uni?? *

No, this is a corker.

| Attachment filename: corker.gif |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/256895|

spyder - Propane, and Propane Accessories

There are no stupid questions,
Just stupid people.
spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Here's a list of search results on 'coker AND 29-er': -

http://tinyurl.com/4rr3y

loads of good perspectives there.

I've used a 29-er, and they're superb (way better IMO than a 28"). A
29-er is a 28" uni with a fat tyre.

Never used a Coker, but, if I lived in a place with big, safe, open
roads, I think I'd be well up for getting one.

Here's a summary of pros/cons of coker vs. 29-er.

Coker- good for distance, speed; wheel has loads of momentum so it's
'point it and go', when it's cruising there's little wobble or need for
constant adjustment.

Negatives are lack of manouverability- they can be dodgy/dangerous on
crowded roads and I wouldn't ride one on pavements (sidewalks). Wheel
fragility issues with the standard rim. Only one tyre available and it
costs around £50.

29-er- good for medium distance, more manouverable than the Coker,
easier to get on and off, lighter, more transportable, more tyre
options.

Negatives- it's not a Coker :)

My main tip for 29-ers from riding them a lot is to not necessarily
stick to the conventional wisdom of 5" cranks on a 29-er. Get a set of
150's instead, these will knock down the learning curve as they'll give
it the feel of a 'big 24"', as well as being good for off-road/rough
terrain, and making steep hills more feasable.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

for me if you are really short on cash i want a good distance uni go
with a Sun 28" its $65 and you fly, yet be waren do knot take it off any
jumps higher than a curb or so.

POW

--
Unitik908 - Level 4 almost level 5

"I'm not gay, but I wish I was so I could **** all the homophobes off."

--Kurt Cobain

"Unitik908" <[email protected]> writes:

> for me if you are really short on cash i want a good distance uni go
> with a Sun 28" its $65 and you fly, yet be waren do knot take it off any
> jumps higher than a curb or so.

Don't even take that hunk o' pot metal off a curb. At least that's
what unicycle.com says. I say get something with better parts, a
better tire, and a more comfortable saddle for riding 6 miles/day.

Ken