Bike buying advice · Public discussion

What should I pay for a Giant OCR3

Started by larc · · Last activity · 2 posts · 5,003 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
13 May 2013
Last activity
13 May 2013
Original author
larc
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,003
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I found this bike on craigslist recently and am wondering what I should offer for it. $450 seems steep. I am new to road biking. I dont need anything super nice, but would like something I can make long multi day trips on (300-400 miles).

    Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is the link seattle.craigslist.org3796243774.html

  2. That's a 2005 OCR 3. It retailed for $600-650. The bicycle blue book (bicyclebluebook.comsearchlistingdetail.aspx) doesn't list values for this year, but 2004 is $192 and 2006 is $238. Interpolate. Blue Book values are based on past sales and don't reflect local markets.

    This one looks loved and the fenders, lights, and aftermarket handlebar and stem are a nice touch. On the other hand Shimano Sora is now 9-speed. You can get a new 3x8 road bike (Shimano 2300) like a Trek 1.1 for around $700, or a new Sora-equipped bike (3x9 or 2x9) for $940-980.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.