What Should I Wear???

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by SpencerF, Jul 24, 2014.

1. SpencerF

SpencerF New Member

Hey Y'all! I am getting into cycling around the countyside where I live but what should I wear under my shorts? I have tried briefs, boxers but they are uncomfy... What are your suggestions? Are you allowed to cycle in Speedos?

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

If you wear bibs or cycling short you shouldn't wear anything underneath. If you wear Speedos please don't tell anyone.

3. SpencerF

SpencerF New Member

Hi, my junk is very visible if I go comando though and a lot of kids are around where I cycle so not appropriate. Why whats up with Speedos?

4. kopride

kopride Member

Nobody's seeing your junk while you are sitting on your bike. And you won't be the first guy in cycling shorts seen on country roads by country kids. I've stopped in lots of country stores over the years, including Amish and Mennonite stands, nobody ever ran out screaming because of my bike shorts. When I'm going to make some stops off the bike and be more public, I wear baggier mt bike shorts. I also keep a pair of loose shorts in my truck for stopping into a store afterwards to get coffee, etc, and just pull them on over my cycling shorts when I go in. I also keep moccasins in the truck so I am not clopping in stores in cleats. And I bring a beach towel to wrap around my waist if I am changing from street clothes in my truck before or after a ride. These things are all pretty SOP if you've ever watched a group get ready for a club ride, or hung around a convenience store when a bike group stops for a feed break. Also, given you just joined the board, and this is your first post, why am I thinking that you might be more interested in talking about speedos and your junk, visible or not, in riding shorts, than cycling?