What size frame (road bike) should I buy?

mflores31

Mar 15, 2014
I'm about 5'11'' and don't know a whole lot about bikes, so was hoping someone could help me out
also would greatly appreciate any suggestions on any specific one I should get (nothing fancy, I'm just an semi-avid cyclist)

There are several on-line calculators available that does a better job than merely looking at your overall height. You'll have to do a search, i don't have the links available on this device. Wrenchscience or so I think was one of them. It's fairly important to get drop- or flat bar bike right, as converting from one to the other can be a lot more hassle than you might think. I don't have much preference as such when it comes to brands, particularly for whole bikes. Shimano stuff is often less expensive and easier to get hold of than Campagnolo stuff. Not all people can make good use of a drop bar, while anyone can find a flat bar bike useful.

Most likely a 56 or 57. In Giant parlance, that would be a ML (medium-large).

If you go to a good bike shop they should fit you on one thats the right size for you. it takes like maybe 10 mins. I would say do that rather then just guessing.