what size tyre

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Lurkio, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Lurkio

    Lurkio Guest

    I have 700&38 tyres on my my bike at the moment and iam thinking of replacing them with something
    less puncture prone. I would like to know what width tyre (e.g. 37 32 etc) I can put on my rims,
    they are about 27mm wide

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "lurkio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have 700&38 tyres on my my bike at the moment and iam thinking of replacing them with something
    > less puncture prone. I would like to know what width tyre (e.g. 37 32 etc) I can put on my
    rims,
    > they are about 27mm wide

    The rims are unlikely to be the defining issue -- unless you are going to stupidly skinny jobs. The
    clearance to the frame/mudguards/other stuff is normally the issue.

    Remember xx mm from different manufacturers can differ significantly between manufacturers.

    So its a case of checking the spec sheets or asking your nice, knowledgeable man at the LBS.

  3. On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:19:58 GMT, contributor Lurkio had scribed:
    > I have 700&38 tyres on my my bike at the moment and iam thinking of replacing them with something
    > less puncture prone. I would like to know what width tyre (e.g. 37 32 etc) I can put on my rims,
    > they are about 27mm wide

    Have you tried Continental Top Touring tyres? Also, if you haven't got one a pump with a pressure
    gauge, if only to keep at home.

    Gary

    --

    The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

    For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.